new, soon to be NE rider

mojocho

Well, been lurking for a few days so thought I'd introduce myself.

I currently live in Canton, MICHIGAN, but My company is transferring me to Tallmadge, OH...which funny enough is near Canton, OHIO. Ill be moving in the next couple of weeks and we'll begin the house hunting soon so know idea yet where we are going to live. THe wife and I are looking for family friendly area with top-notch school system. So i'll take any advice on where.

I ride an '06 R1 50th Anniversary. I've been riding for 5-6 years. i love the twisty-spirited rides. I am a recent track addict but can't afford more than 2-3 track days a year [read: wife owns the purse].

I've got a close group of friends I'm leaving behind; which we all met because of our love of sport riding. Anyways, looking to meet some new people who can show me all the secret roads.

I like to pretend I am mechanically inclined, but I usually cry uncle eventually. So with that in mind hoping to find some good advice on here for general mechanical stuff.

Anyways, that's all I got. if you want to learn more you gotta buy me a drink.

welcome.

Plenty of good riding down south of you.

Not too sure about the schools and areas around you in tallmadge, but there are good schools down here. If you want a lil commute check out North Canton or Jackson Twp. Very good schools and great communities.

Thanks for the welcome all.

Not too sure about the schools and areas around you in tallmadge, but there are good schools down here. If you want a lil commute check out North Canton or Jackson Twp. Very good schools and great communities.

My current commute is an hour, so anything less than that is a win for me. I'll check out North Canton.

Welcome!

When you're out house hunting check out Brimfield, we're right next to Tallmadge. Brimfield used to be cornfields, its getting built up now, but its still nice and quiet out here. I hear the school system is pretty good too, I guess we'll find out in a couple years when our son starts going.

*You're not gonna want to commute from N. Canton to Tallmadge (IMHO) , 77 & Rt.8 are a Bitch during commuting hours. There's always an accident somewhere along the line and traffic backs up forever, MF'ers don't know how to drive around here.

Edited by Tony07R6

*You're not gonna want to commute from N. Canton to Tallmadge (IMHO) , 77 & Rt.8 are a Bitch during commuting hours. There's always an accident somewhere along the line and traffic backs up forever, MF'ers don't know how to drive around here.

i always forget traffic... i never go highway so thats why i forget. i stay local 98% of the time.

77 and 8 are pretty bad.

completely agree with this. Used to commute from where I live now to Dover, which is all 77 and it absolutely sucked because of the traffic. It is not stop and go most of the time but if their is an accident which almost can guarantee 2 days out of the week, then its a parking lot

welcome

I agree with what tony said ^ brimfield, ravenna, tallmadge, all of them have better schools than Akron. So your making a good choice there..

There are a few riders pretty close to where you will be moving too.. Some nice roads out there if i do say so myself..

Well enjoy the site and we hope to see you on some rides in the future.. :)

for someone who has lived in OH his entire life, my Ohio geography sucks, but Medina schools are good.

Plus I'm pretty sure you can shoot on your own property in Medina. No-go in Cuyahoga county.

Nelson Ledges is the shit for trackdays if you're trying to keep it cheap and close. www.ridefasttrax.com for their schedule. It's typically $120 for a Saturday, so save your lunch money and see you out there :)

good info gang! Appreciate the responses and suggested areas. I'll make to check them all out. I have a friend who used to live and Brimfield and my Father-in-law works in Medina. So those are top of the list now as well.

Thanks for the warm welcome from all. I will definitely look you guys up for the next ride once we get settled in.

Also will check out Nelson Ledges.

• 2 months later...

Welcome. I grew up mostly in Stow, lived in Cuyahoga falls some, went to Kent schools some. Any of those areas are good and close to Tallmadge. It depends on your income and how much you value privacy and quiet. Hudson is the ritzy community, Stow is trying to be Hudson, and Cuyahoga Falls is trying not to be Akron.

I ended up way out in Paris Township for the cheap land and far away neighbors, but I commute 45 minutes to work in Streetsboro. For me it was a good trade-off. I like quiet and open spaces.

If you want to ride the good roads, let me know and we'll go south and east some weekend for a little twisty action. It will take about an hour for you to get to some decent riding.

• 2 weeks later...