Christian Sport Bike Assoc July 17th Event

JCMathis

CANCELLED

We will be hosting a Knee Dragging Clinic for a maximum of 30 riders. There will be two CCS Racers providing the instruction. We will have a tight course laid out with cones in the parking lot of Grace Point Community Church at 2393 Peachblow Road, Lewis Center, OH.

There will be a safety briefing, a period of instruction and demonstration and then we will start the riders through the chocked bike for body positioning. After a session on the chocked bike, the riders move to the KTM for on board training. The riders will be filmed, after their session the film is transferred to a laptop and the rider moves to a critique stage with the film as "evidence." Then, he/she gets back in line to ride again. Meanwhile, the same process is going on with the next rider.

This is a great opportunity to learn more on control and body position without the risk of laying your own bike down. The only requirements we have is you must sign a liability waiver and have full safety gear! This means at a minimum: Textile pants, jacket, boots, leather gloves and helmet. Full leathers are always preferred. If you would like to sign up for this event or are interested in helping out please send me an email at jcmathis@insight.rr.com. If you would just like to come and hang out with us you can do that as well.

I realize that this is the same weekend as the Mid-Ohio Races but what would you rather do, watch guys race around a track and wish you were out there or ride yourself and walk away a better rider with scuffed knee pucks?

Here are a few pictures from the clinic that was given down in Daytona.

kneedragclinicprep002.jpg

kneedragclinicprep025.jpg

kneedragclinicprep020.jpg

kneedragclinicprep012.jpg

kneedragclinicprep006.jpg

Edited by JCMathis
Cancelling

PS........John: What time will this event take place?

I do not have the exact times yet but it will be as early as possible and go until we run out of daylight. It all depends on how many sign up for the event.

Do the gloves HAVE to be leather and can the boots be heavy work boots? I'm set for gear otherwise, with what I wear anyway.

I really need something like this, to learn how to do things correctly, on a closed course.

What you have will be fine.

i'd love to make it to this, but i'm going to be driving to columbus this weekend and the next and i don't think i have it in me to do it a third time in a row.

Just knocking John's post back up for air. Event is July 17 taught by pros on someone else's bike!!

John - perhaps re-title this to add something about this being a performance cornering class or something.

Phil

Due to lack of participation and poor timing on our part we are going to cancel the knee dragging clinic for this month. We will attempt to put the event together later in the season when the weather is cooler and we can advertise it better.

Since we will not be doing this event we will be doing a ride. I have not put a route together yet but I am thinking about going down into SE Ohio. Once I get the route together I will start a new thread.

Due to lack of participation and poor timing on our part we are going to cancel the knee dragging clinic for this month. We will attempt to put the event together later in the season when the weather is cooler and we can advertise it better.

Since we will not be doing this event we will be doing a ride. I have not put a route together yet but I am thinking about going down into SE Ohio. Once I get the route together I will start a new thread.

:eek:

I'll be looking forward to doing a ride, anyway.

That stinks that you have to cancel, but that is better for me... :D Gives me a little time for the newborn and talking the wife into letting me do this.