Sucks to be this guy

CBRunninfast

Hopefully this wasn't someone from OR...

Hello fellow riders, i want to make everyone aware of the scams that are going on to steal your motorcycle. On friday the 25 i was received a phone call from a guy who said he had just gotten back from iraq and was looking to get a motorcycle. I was selling my 07 R1. He said he didnt have a car and couldnt make it out my way, being the nice day it was my girlfriend and a friend of mine took the trip down to Niles. The guy met me at the Dicks Sporting good off of 422. When he showed up he played the soldier look to the fullest. He had 7500 in cash and liked the bike. He said mind if we go for a test ride i said sure but i held his military ID. This guy led me out on to so back country road then on to the highway. after we went down the high way about 3 miles he led me to the far left lane and as we went around the turn he darted of the exit. This was the last i saw my bike. These thieves are professional and had everything planned out. Im sure i will never see my bike again. The point of this whole thing is DONT TRUST ANYONE!!! I even thanked this guy for serving our country and then he stole my bike... An ongoing investigation is in the process..

THE PICTURE BELOW IS MY BIKE, if you ever see this bike please call me ASAP... 315-209-2503 thanks Cody

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

http://images.craigslist.org/3k03o73pc5Z65X45S4a6r21d1be249f871828.jpg

A couple years ago, there was a guy that sold a bike to buddy of mine. He paid cash for it and the guy said he had to go to the bank to get the title. They guy never returned.

Meanwhile my buddy had called the insurance co to start the paperwork on the bike, and they informed him the vin came back as a stolen bike from Marion!

My buddy ended up having to give the bike back to the owner, and was out the cash he gave the thief!

The owner said that the thief came to look at the bike, which he had for sale on craigslist, and show him cash. He let him take it for a test ride, and never came back.

Anyone who says ANYTHING in a transaction that plays to your sympathy (soldier, christian, out of work mom, whatever) is scamming you. That you can take to the fucking bank. Con means "confidence" and they get it by appealing to be vulnerable or trustworthy.

This guy's gullibility stole his bike.