man on lawn mower wrecks motorcyclist

kawi kid

Wow!! Not on a bike but while in the car, i had a my car VS riding mower. This was on a 4 lane road. I am going north and a guy on the southbound side was cutting the grass on the tree lawn also heading north. the mower kicked up a rock and hit my car. Nothing bad, just a slight divit in the door panel.

When I cut the grass on my tree lawn, I tend to make the first cut on the treelawn in the direction facing traffic. If i see a vehicle coming, I will stop the blades, just so nothing kicks up into on coming traffic.

unfortunately you would be the 1%

and by that I mean the 1% of people who use their brain

When I was younger we had an old Ford tractor that my dad got hit by a car on. The car was smashed and the tractor didn't even have a scratch on the paint. He did hurt his back though. My dad got cited though for not having a slow moving vehicle sign on it. The guy admitted he didn't see him on the tractor because he was dialing a number on his cell phone.

This is the type of tractor it was

3183277283_f319aa3e56.jpg

As for the grass clippings I'll have to agree with that. They are pretty slick when I ride my bike through my neighborhood. On a nice day after a lot of rain it's hard to even avoid it because everyone is mowing their grass.