man on lawn mower wrecks motorcyclist

kawi kid

just glanced over the coshocton tribune and noticed a story about a lawn mower vs. motorcycle. im pretty sure the motorcyclist died :( im on my phone so i cant link anything. maybe cdub can help me out with the link.

either way link or not this is pretty sad:(

Wow. Here you go Kawi.

http://www.zanesvilletimesrecorder.com/article/20100702/NEWS01/7020302/Coshocton-man-dies-in-Adams-Mills-crash

At 2:15 p.m. a riding lawn mower driven by George N. Holland, 73, of Conesville, failed to yield the right of way to a motorcycle driven by Hammond as Holland drove north from Tobacco Hill Road to Bridge Street across Ohio 16.

:rip:

one of the guys in the office just told me about this. I guess he drove right past it checking out a possible job shortly after it happened. He said it looked pretty bad

Wow, that's horrible.

I HATE coming over a hill and a home owner sprayed his yard all over the road and it's all green! I flip'em off most of the time. I've ran into it so bad that you can't see the road, it's just caked with damp green grass.

The cyclist's family is totally beside themselves as his brother was killed a few years ago when a woman pulled in front of him as he crested a rise in the road.

Prayers sent. ><>

Edited by bandit12

• 5 weeks later...

Just saw this string on my random and infrequent visits to the site. Son worked with him and clued me in. On (Ron?) his Harley and kids in side car wife wife on back. 10-4 on the brother. Wife, broken arm and one of the two kids overnite at hospital. Story goes on with what a co-worker has added...says, bikes for sale now. harley as is and another three up as well.

Really is too bad.

I had a run-in with a huge tractor on route 9 one morning (I swear the friggin thing was as big as a house). I came up on it creeping up the side of the road, with a white car following behind it. Traffic was clear, I couldn't figure out why the car was waiting, so I started to go around both the car and the tractor. Tractor immediately starts to take a left into a driveway. I stopped beside the car.The signals were like 6' or better in the air, and the sun was shining on them. I honestly didn't see them. The guy stops, gets out of the tractor, and proceeds to tell me how dangerous my motorcycle is, and why do I want to ride so fast. I tell him that it's my choice what I do. He gets back in the tractor. An Irate red-haired mennonite woman driving the car (his wife, it turns out) proceeds to rip me a new one, about how I almost rear-ended her car (not a chance... came to a controlled stop when I saw him moving) and on and on. I tell her she doesn't have a clue what she's talking about, which pisses her off even more. So, I'm sitting there with the tractor blocking the road for like 5 minutes, listening to these 2 bitch me out. Finally the guy moves the tractor, and I get to continue on. How is it that a licensed plated motorcycle has no right to make a legal pass of a slow moving vehicle on a state 2 lane highway? Yeah, we have no rights. As far as the rest of the population is concerned, we are all just a nuissance they have to put up with.

My dad was quite a sailor. One of his favorite quotes was "sailboats have the right-of-way..... all the way to the bottom". I guess we live by that same code, right or wrong, we lose.

• 1 year later...

Wow!! Not on a bike but while in the car, i had a my car VS riding mower. This was on a 4 lane road. I am going north and a guy on the southbound side was cutting the grass on the tree lawn also heading north. the mower kicked up a rock and hit my car. Nothing bad, just a slight divit in the door panel.

When I cut the grass on my tree lawn, I tend to make the first cut on the treelawn in the direction facing traffic. If i see a vehicle coming, I will stop the blades, just so nothing kicks up into on coming traffic.

When I cut the grass on my tree lawn, I tend to make the first cut on the treelawn in the direction facing traffic. If i see a vehicle coming, I will stop the blades, just so nothing kicks up into on coming traffic.

Same here. I check for cars before cutting the road edge, and I cut with the road to my left so I don't dump cut grass on the road.