2008 R6 Cooling Question

Decimation

SRSLY? There are plenty of JarHeads on this forum that don't have a case of the assholes. Don't pass the buck onto the Marines. If you're an asshole just admit that you've always been an asshole. Stop projecting. :rolleyes:

You're just a douche, man. I wasn't being an "asshole" until you put your hand in the basket.

Cool-down is not exactly unimportant. Heavy equipment operators go through a regimented cool-down process at the end of every running. Why? The engines are expensive and they want to make them last as long as possible.

a lot of heavy machinery use diesel engines with oil-cooled turbos....the cooldown procedures are to let the engine cool down so the cool oil can circulate through the turbo so the hot stuff doesnt bake into it and mess up the turbo....thats why a lot of companies are making water cooled turbos now, no more problems with oil baking into them.

unless he has an oil-cooled turbo on his r6, he is perfectly fine just shutting it off

Don't worry about it. If it gets hot enough it will shut down on its own. It's like a "failsafe"... :lol:

not sure if youre being sarcastic, and im not sure about bikes, but this is how a lot of car engines are.

i know ford engines are like this, ive overheated one badly (intake cracked and i tried to limp home) and it shut off on me till it cooled, and same with my father in laws f150, radiator hose cracked and the truck overheated and shut off

a lot of heavy machinery use diesel engines with oil-cooled turbos....the cooldown procedures are to let the engine cool down so the cool oil can circulate through the turbo so the hot stuff doesnt bake into it and mess up the turbo....thats why a lot of companies are making water cooled turbos now, no more problems with oil baking into them.

unless he has an oil-cooled turbo on his r6, he is perfectly fine just shutting it off

+1.....3 minutes at idle

also, does DucRx charge extra for putting his hand in one's basket, or is that included? :confused:

Cool-down is not exactly unimportant. Heavy equipment operators go through a regimented cool-down process at the end of every running. Why? The engines are expensive and they want to make them last as long as possible.

Yes, what he said. It's 100% for the turbo has nothing to do with the motor. The turbo will normally be 600 to 1000 degrees and when shut off at that temp the oil will bake in the line and plug it up then the turbo gets huffed on the next run.