Closing Threads as a control factor is pathetic..

flounder

I'm not saying that satan is doing bad job.I think he is going above and beyond with this site.I am trying to help improve this site.If you are so big on PM why not try that first instead of closing the thread.It might also be a good idea to change the moderators around every so often and maybe try to get one or two from outside of central.maybe cleveland or cinni.Just to get an opinion that doesn't come from this site's inner circle.CBRgirl before you post an upset reply about how I'm wrong try to look at what I'm saying from an outsiders view. Your group of friends posts more than anybody else.Nothing wrong with that but they also get treated like their opinion is more important than others and half of them are moderators.I would just like to see someone from outside your "circle" to have a little bit more say in how things are handled here. Move power more towards a democracy and further from a dictatorship.

We tried the whole mods from other areas thing. I had a mod from each of the big cities (Cleveland, Cinci, Toledo, etc). None of them stepped up to the plate to actually do anything. Cleaner isn't in "our group of friends". I've only actually met him once and didn't even realize it. He's a very level-headed guy and definitely an "outsiders perspective". Yotaman wasn't a part of our "group" either until after he was a mod. He's a cool guy and became friends with all of us quickly.

This isn't a democracy in any way, shape or form. The admins and mods have my blessing to do what they believe is right. I try to post in the admins/mods section anytime I edit or move anything. If the admins/mods don't agree with it, I undo it. Sometimes I need that perspective.

Its funny you say my friends' opinions seem to mean more. That's really funny. Look at who started this thread bitching about me closing a thread. Yeah, he's a friend of our's. 250 Bunny bitching about me closing the thread is fucking hilarious. I closed it AFTER she edited her post saying she'd rather post it for adults to read. I about cried I was laughing so hard when she got upset for it being closed. I'm more strict with my friends for the fact they know what I expect on this board and I can get away with giving them extra shit.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how does someone get banned thrice yet still somehow come back each time?
yes but not third ;)

Actually, he was banned once. Then he tried creating multiple screen names trying to get back on. I banned the username each time. After we had a little chat, I let him back on and he made a public apology for being an asshole.

If the person who pays the bill is the only person who has an important opinion then make this a private board for paying members only.If not then you need to give equal importance to all members opinions.You should not delete or move members thoughts to places that is not open to all members.

Because its free. That's the whole point. I do give equal importance to all members' opinions. But the rules and common sense come first.

Guest MotoGP Tix

All great ideas...

A separate area is a GREAT idea, but a password on that area to help the peeps that want to avoid it to avoid it would help also...

Sometimes a little flame eases the tension, and sometimes people like to read a good flame war, but being able to avoid it IMO is crucial also

Now where is my drama lama ding dong

All great ideas...

A separate area is a GREAT idea, but a password on that area to help the peeps that want to avoid it to avoid it would help also...

Sometimes a little flame eases the tension, and sometimes people like to read a good flame war, but being able to avoid it IMO is crucial also

Now where is my drama lama ding dong

Its really easy to avoid it, don't click.

Guest MotoGP Tix

I normally browse by hitting NEW posts..Or looking at the most recent threads thingee... There the forum isnt listed, so it is hard to avoid a topic that might stray or NWS

So sometimes it isnt obvious something to avoid...( especially NWS )

Just saying, Just making suggestions...

Everyone could have the password, but it wouldnt show up in the new post shuffle

I normally browse by hitting NEW posts..Or looking at the most recent threads thingee... There the forum isnt listed, so it is hard to avoid a topic that might stray or NWS

So sometimes it isnt obvious something to avoid...( especially NWS )

Just saying, Just making suggestions...

Everyone could have the password, but it wouldnt show up in the new post shuffle

Threads from this forum are not included in the recent posts on the front page or that very reason.

The reality of the whole thing is....Your thread should have been closed due to the fact it was a repost from 04-27-2007, 02:53 PM....

http://www.ohio-riders.net/showthread.php?t=3134

This accident and the topic was discussed at length back then.

I did put in my original post that it may have been posted previously. I wasn't on here then, so how was I to know? I found out that it had been in Pedro's reply. Since reposting is such a crime, why couldn't one of you have deleted it then and saved me all this grief?!

Its funny you say my friends' opinions seem to mean more. That's really funny. Look at who started this thread bitching about me closing a thread. Yeah, he's a friend of our's. 250 Bunny bitching about me closing the thread is fucking hilarious. I closed it AFTER she edited her post saying she'd rather post it for adults to read. I about cried I was laughing so hard when she got upset for it being closed. I'm more strict with my friends for the fact they know what I expect on this board and I can get away with giving them extra shit.

:wtf: WTF?! Who said I was upset? Did you even read my post about the thread being closed? I said I was annoyed but agreed with you! If I was going to bitch about the thread being closed, it would have been me who started this thread! I agreed with everyone. How is that bitching?!

This is a direct example of the frustration here. I am not the one who started this thread. I am not the one who, in the other thread, said that my job is more important, I do more for charity or bragged about how much shit I have! Yet, I'm the one accused of being the bitch here? Step back and take a look at the big picture and tell me again why you wonder why some of us feel singled out. :nono:

The facts are:

1. Everyone will assume what one reads or posts.

2. No one will 100% understand what and why one writes, reads, or respond.

3. Everyone in life, will have favoritism in any levels or forms.

4. Talk is cheap but money talks!

5. If a member becomes a moderator, he/she will behave under the points of 1-4 (above). If a moderator becomes a member, he/she will complain about the same thing.

Solution: In reality, people don't care what you know, they want to know if you care.

The facts are:

1. Everyone will assume what one reads or posts.

2. No one will 100% understand what and why one writes, reads, or respond.

3. Everyone in life, will have favoritism in any levels or forms.

4. Talk is cheap but money talks!

5. If a member becomes a moderator, he/she will behave under the points of 1-4 (above). If a moderator becomes a member, he/she will complain about the same thing.

Solution: In reality, people don't care what you know, they want to know if you care.

Words of wisdom to live by... not like that jackass looser Stevan