NEO rider down

jbctown

From the looks of that bowtie' date=' he was moving right along. :nono:[/quote']

Yup. Anyone wanna guess the speed? I say 70+

Awe that sucks. RIP rider, everyone watch out for those cages out there!

How about everyone watch out for the asshole squids?

it looks like the asshole in the cavalier couldnt take two seconds to wait for the bike to pass and just turned...rip the rider and hope the cavalier driver gets major jail time

Squid (all be it an older one) was SPEEDING, not wearing a helmet and who knows what else. Maybe due to the speed, the driver of the car didn't see the idiot?

Face facts, ladies. The motorcyclist isn't always the victim, and the driver of the car isn't always at fault. Quit trying to make it that way.

But it's perfectly acceptable to bash the driver of the car - even BEFORE it's been proven he's at fault?

It's not, I'm sick of seeing it. Did I mention I agree with you?

It's like parents protecting their kids - no matter how blatantly wrong they may be, they blindly take their side...

Edited by brn6604

UUuuummmmm, I missing something here did the car TURN LEFT INTO THE PATH OF THE CYCLIST? I DON"T GIVE A FUCK WHAT SPEED HE WAS DOING!!! IT IS CALLED FAILURE TO YIELD TO ONCOMING TRAFFIC!!! The car interfered with the path of a oncoming motor vehicle! the guy cold have been doing Mach3 for all I care!!! the car turned in front of him!

UUuuummmmm, I missing something here did the car TURN LEFT INTO THE PATH OF THE CYCLIST? I DON"T GIVE A FUCK WHAT SPEED HE WAS DOING!!! IT IS CALLED FAILURE TO YIELD TO ONCOMING TRAFFIC!!! The car interfered with the path of a oncoming motor vehicle! the guy cold have been doing Mach3 for all I care!!! the car turned in front of him!

I think you dropped your flip-flop back there, squid.

I think you dropped your flip-flop back there, squid.

HA HA HA. Great reply you over educated fuck stick!! I actually wear my jacket, helmet and gloves and riding boots when I ride. I Have only rode my bike with out my jacket twice in the last 3 years. But of course from a fucking know it all douche bag like you I am a squid! Well....... after 15 years in the Navy and navy reserve, you are right I am a real Squid! But you are still an Arrogant Fuck!

Rip Rider.

Edited by TopGun
was told the full details of accident.

The motorcyclist was doing 80+ a blew a red light through a busy intersection. The car had a green arrow...that's the story from eye witnesses. Bad situation :(

Now THAT DEFINETLY changes the out come of fault. That part was never passed on in this thread, only the driver turned left in front of motorcyclist. So I will go retract some of my earlier post. Thanks for the full Details Tpoppa!

Found a short article from the PD...

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- A 39-year-old man was killed after his motorcycle collided with a car at the intersection of West 140th Street and Triskett Avenue Thursday afternoon.

The victim, whose name has not been released, was speeding northbound on West 140th about 1:07 p.m. When he reached the intersection at Triskett, the motorcyclist collided with a car making a left turn at the intersection.

The victim, who was not wearing a helmet, was thrown off his motorcycle. He was pronounced dead on the scene by EMS workers.

Now THAT DEFINETLY changes the out come of fault. That part was never passed on in this thread, only the driver turned left in front of motorcyclist. So I will go retract some of my earlier post. Thanks for the full Details Tpoppa!

It was passed in this thread, you just didn't read it.

It was passed in this thread, you just didn't read it.

Sambusa, did read that but what it didn't say was he Blew the red light and she had a green arrow to turn which Tpoppa informed me on. That Is definitely the need to know part. But Thanks for pointing it out though. I had to go back because I thought I had missed it,untill I seen where it was at on page two.:D

So I have a head on view of an oncoming motorcycle over 500ft away in a 35mph zone and I should assume I DON'T have at least ten seconds to make that turn, because he COULD be in my passenger seat in less than four?

When I rode on the street I assumed that car was going to make that turn and was prepared to take evasive action.

Responsibility. Accept it.

The motorcyclist was doing 80+ a blew a red light through a busy intersection. The car had a green arrow...that's the story from eye witnesses. Bad situation :(

Sorry my Interwb skills suck tonight. meant to quote that in my last post. :D

So I have a head on view of an oncoming motorcycle over 500ft away in a 35mph zone and I should assume I DON'T have at least ten seconds to make that turn, because he COULD be in my passenger seat in less than four?

When I rode on the street I assumed that car was going to make that turn and was prepared to take evasive action.

Responsibility. Accept it.

To be Honest Brian, If I even see a motorcycle coming when I am caging it or driving a semi, I will wait if I even have the slightest thought he might be hauling ass. I have missed my light due to it many of times. That's the responsibility I choose to use. I couldnt handle my conscience(sp?) if I killed a rider even if he was at fault. Just me on that one.

Oh and if you read my post from a little bit ago, you will see that I edited my post. I just was going off the details in play. read my reply after Tpoppa's post.

And yes, if you ride like an ass,"you are right, accept responsibility".