Picturebook style update from the new guy

Kyle_99_gtp

I got my R6 maybe 2 months ago and haven't stopped tweaking it since then. It had some nice mods on it when I got it, but it's never enough so here's what I've been up to:

When I got it, it looked like this:

DSC_0405.jpg

Nothing too special, just a full Yoshi TRC exhaust, Carbon fiber front fender, hotbodies flush mounts, Puig light smoke double bubble and a fender eliminator. Unfortunately, the guy I bought it from rode double up all the time on about 20 PSI in both tires, so they both needed to be replaced even though they were practically new Metzeler M3's. I started looking into tires and some other mods I want to do.

I ordered a few things and I've finally got everything I currently have installed. I added a motodynamic integrated/sequential function tail, 6K DDM HID kit/LED thrid eye, GYTR tank protector (which covers up the stupid white graphic on the tank pretty well), frame sliders with a real CF sleeve/blue endcaps/gold bolts, replaced the stock lower fairing decals with gold ones and added some blue wheel stripes. I ended up getting a full set of the regular Pilot Powers for tires and had those put on as well. I got a killer deal on them too, got both tires for $168 shipped from jakewilson and $30 to have them mounted/balanced, so I can live with a good set of tires for ~$200.

hid_hi_lo.gif

DSC_0204.jpg

DSC_0224.jpg

DSC_0207.jpg

DSC_0211.jpg

DSC_0214.jpg

Here's me finishing off the old tires. I did this right in front of my driveway, since I live in the middle of nowhere. The road was also closed at the time because it was so hot that the wires were sagging so low on the telephone poles and a semi truck caught them and took them out, so the electric and cable companies were hanging new wires.

(blurry, my girlfriend had my camera and it was on manual focus)

DSC_0136.jpg

The aftermath:

DSC_0144.jpg

DSC_0155plate.jpg

Anyhow, I plan to do a lot more with the bike in the next few months. I just bought a GYTR air filter but I'm holding off to install it until I get a PC (couldn't pass up the deal I got on the filter though). Obviously I'm getting a PCIII, but I'd also like to get more gold accents, probably pazzo/asv levers in gold, gold rearsets, and possibly a gold chain. I'm also getting a rear seat cowl, real carbon fiber tank sides and rear hugger, and who knows what else.

I'm loving this bike though and it's hard to not keep ordering stuff for it. I work at a big motorcycle dealership so I'm always seeing things on other bikes and saying to myself, "Hey that looks nice...Hey parts guys, I'm going to place another order"! Anyhow, I'll be posting more as I do more stuff to the bike and I look forward to hearing some input and getting ideas on where I want to go next with the bike from you guys.

-Kyle

Nice! The only thing I don't get is the wheel stripes. The increase in weight and rotational inertia will definitely offset the power gains from all those other high tech mods.:lol:JK - Great job!

But once the wheels are spinning I have all that extra rotating mass to keep me going further ;)

• 2 weeks later...

wait it has a full exhaust, and the owner didn't put on a pc3 then? i'd get that pc3 asap before anything else so you don't do any potential damage with the extreme change in fuel ratio.

also with that bike, look into tank sliders by eti tank sliders, dude is a real good guy to work with, reason being if you ever have a fall while riding the tank can hit and rupture and burst into flames. just an insurance deal.

also when you open up into the filter area, check and see if it has smog block off plates. their just pieces of metal that replace/cover where the smog reeds go into, easy to spot as the engine and smog stuff is black, whereas the block off plates are metallic.

other than that it looks good, and get that bike to the track dude!! i know you said you're getting used to it, but stt has a very good novice/entry level program. if you're comfortable at highway speeds, then they can find a place for you.

wait it has a full exhaust, and the owner didn't put on a pc3 then? i'd get that pc3 asap before anything else so you don't do any potential damage with the extreme change in fuel ratio.

also with that bike, look into tank sliders by eti tank sliders, dude is a real good guy to work with, reason being if you ever have a fall while riding the tank can hit and rupture and burst into flames. just an insurance deal.

also when you open up into the filter area, check and see if it has smog block off plates. their just pieces of metal that replace/cover where the smog reeds go into, easy to spot as the engine and smog stuff is black, whereas the block off plates are metallic.

other than that it looks good, and get that bike to the track dude!! i know you said you're getting used to it, but stt has a very good novice/entry level program. if you're comfortable at highway speeds, then they can find a place for you.

check his sig it says a pcIII

Anyhow, I plan to do a lot more with the bike in the next few months. I just bought a GYTR air filter but I'm holding off to install it until I get a PC (couldn't pass up the deal I got on the filter though). Obviously I'm getting a PCIII

this is what made me think he didn't have one, must have bought one since that post.

Yeah he put a full yoshi system on but I installed a pcIII USB along with my gytr filter. I was going to put the smog block off plats in at the same time but I'm still searching for a better price than the graves ones.

if you're on the r6 forum, search for the "agg block off plates" or something like that, agg2001 (or close to it) makes them. fit was good and the quality is pretty spot on and a good price from what i remember.

edit: here

Thanks man, those are the best looking ones I've seen quality wise for the most reasonable price. I'll probably grab a set.