bike covers?

velnarah

looking for some quick info about bike covers. There's different kinds, any recommendations? does it matter what kind?

My bike is old and prone to rust (morning dew is all it takes). I moved into an apartment recently and have a patio area I could keep the bike. The roof overhangs a few feet but not over the entire patio.

So I want a bike cover but know nothing about them. Could use some pointers in the right direction.

CoverMax or Dowco. That's the two basic covers.

The Dowco costs more than the CoverMax.

Either will be good outside for about two years.

Large sportbike cover will fit. CoverMax p/n MCC00008 (10-7511 on the box)

That cover fits them all except the largest bikes.

I have one by nelson rigg but it's just a delux cover it's not water proof. it's water resistant. it's kind of like a tent. what ever touches the cover is usually wet.

but it will keep 95% of the water off the bike. and it has the air vents to allow air flow under it. that's the key.

http://www.nelsonrigg.com/store/product.aspx?pid=484

I forget it's size, but I can look if you want me to. it' fits perfectly on my R6.

they do make much better ones than mine that are 100% water proof. but you'll pay for it. but it does have a lifetime warranty.

http://www.nelsonrigg.com/store/product.aspx?pid=347

Edited by serpentracer

ack, I said waterproof. that's not true. The word is water resistant. Nothing is water proof.

edit: what serpentracer said, Nelson-Rigg covers are the premium, and are probably the best available.

Edited by ReconRat

Autozone has some for about $30 its what I use however the only time I cover mine is winter in the garage on the stands

Mime goes in the spare bedroom during the winter