Sixity Brake Pads

danballa

I was planning on writing this after I had some more miles on the pads, but since a certain guy just asked about them..I figured I'd write up a quick review for him.

Old Pads:

EBC HH seem to be the most popular pads for the Busas. They are very good pads, with great feel to them, and very good stopping power. I had absolutely no complaints about them. I have always used EBC's, and have never had any problems with them. I'm sure there are better pads out there, but they certainly offer very good value for the price.

How I came across my current pads:

About 2k miles ago, after reading several reviews on different sites, I decided I would try and save a couple $$, and test out that popular Ebay "budget" brand, Sixity, on the front. I know, I've heard all the negatives, of you get what you pay for...don't skimp on the important parts..blah blah blah. I don't need to hear those comments. I know the risks, and I am willing to take the chance. I'm not a racer, and I'm certainly not rich, so I decided I would try them out. I was prepared to buy another set of EBC HH's though in case I wasn't happy with these.

Type I ordered:

I went with the Sintered version, I usually put on a lot of miles on my bikes, so I wanted the extra pad life. (They are also a couple bucks cheaper then the ceramic) They have the best braking power, which is always good with my fairly heavy bike.

Shipping:

They come to you, via USPS Priority mail, and I had them 2-3 days after I placed my order. The pads themselves, are just in generic plastic. Scary, how just pads being shipped in generic plastic, without any cardboard makes you start to get nervous lol.

Installation:

Just as easy as any other brake pads I've ever installed. Nothing tricky. Fit was perfect.

First Thoughts:

My initial impression, after hitting the brakes for the first few times..were these Sixity pads are stopping me a Little better then the EBC HH's. They seemed to be just a tad bit Louder then the EBC's though.

Current Thoughts

Now, 2k miles later, my impressions are still pretty much the same as my initial ones. They have great "feel" to them, which I would rate as Equal to the EBC's. They stop me a little bit better then the EBC HH's. They are also still slightly louder then them too. I pretty much always have a helmet and headphones on though, and can't hear them. Even with the music shut off, I can't hear the brakes, so they are by no means Loud. I can only hear them when I have no lid, and no headphones, which is just about never.

So far, I am Very happy with them. I have a pretty laid back style of riding, aside from the occasional high speed bursts, and they work perfect for me. So far, I have NO complaints about them. My only "concern" will be how long they last. Only time will tell on that one.

Pricing:

It's been a little while since I checked, but I believe they are roughly half price of the EBC HH's. I bought mine through Ebay, and after using Bing's cash back program, I believe they ended up costing me around $29, for 2 sets of front (1 set each rotor) shipped to me. As long as they last a decent amount of time, then I will have no problems buying them again as my next set. As a bonus, I got a cheap little business card in the package with them, giving me a code for 10% of my next purchase from http://www.sixity.com/

Other Stuff:

They also sell some other maintenance items, such as spark plugs, and head lights, as well as some stuff for cars. I really don't remember what all they have though.

Thanks for reading!

Ben

Edited by danballa
  • Upvote 1

Thanks Ben. Great write up. I believe those were one of my options and I'm leaning toward them. Money is definitely and issue now wit the Vegas trip next week. Doug might be able to hook me up wit the ebc's but if the price ain't as good then it'll be decision time again. :-(

Yeah, they were the first ones that you linked.. Except you linked the ceramic ones I believe, and I went with the sintered ones. Check out his normal site too.. That I linked above. I can give you the 10% off code if it's cheaper then eBay if it helps you out.

Bing cashback works with eBay for 8%.. I think it's only good till the end of the month..

Then they are stopping it.

• 3 years later...

I was planning on writing this after I had some more miles on the pads, but since a certain guy just asked about them..I figured I'd write up a quick review for him.

Old Pads:

EBC HH seem to be the most popular pads for the Busas. They are very good pads, with great feel to them, and very good stopping power. I had absolutely no complaints about them. I have always used EBC's, and have never had any problems with them. I'm sure there are better pads out there, but they certainly offer very good value for the price.

How I came across my current pads:

About 2k miles ago, after reading several reviews on different sites, I decided I would try and save a couple $$, and test out that popular Ebay "budget" brand, Sixity, on the front. I know, I've heard all the negatives, of you get what you pay for...don't skimp on the important parts..blah blah blah. I don't need to hear those comments. I know the risks, and I am willing to take the chance. I'm not a racer, and I'm certainly not rich, so I decided I would try them out. I was prepared to buy another set of EBC HH's though in case I wasn't happy with these.

Type I ordered:

I went with the Sintered version, I usually put on a lot of miles on my bikes, so I wanted the extra pad life. (They are also a couple bucks cheaper then the ceramic) They have the best braking power, which is always good with my fairly heavy bike.

Shipping:

They come to you, via USPS Priority mail, and I had them 2-3 days after I placed my order. The pads themselves, are just in generic plastic. Scary, how just pads being shipped in generic plastic, without any cardboard makes you start to get nervous lol.

Installation:

Just as easy as any other brake pads I've ever installed. Nothing tricky. Fit was perfect.

First Thoughts:

My initial impression, after hitting the brakes for the first few times..were these Sixity pads are stopping me a Little better then the EBC HH's. They seemed to be just a tad bit Louder then the EBC's though.

Current Thoughts

Now, 2k miles later, my impressions are still pretty much the same as my initial ones. They have great "feel" to them, which I would rate as Equal to the EBC's. They stop me a little bit better then the EBC HH's. They are also still slightly louder then them too. I pretty much always have a helmet and headphones on though, and can't hear them. Even with the music shut off, I can't hear the brakes, so they are by no means Loud. I can only hear them when I have no lid, and no headphones, which is just about never.

So far, I am Very happy with them. I have a pretty laid back style of riding, aside from the occasional high speed bursts, and they work perfect for me. So far, I have NO complaints about them. My only "concern" will be how long they last. Only time will tell on that one.

Pricing:

It's been a little while since I checked, but I believe they are roughly half price of the EBC HH's. I bought mine through Ebay, and after using Bing's cash back program, I believe they ended up costing me around $29, for 2 sets of front (1 set each rotor) shipped to me. As long as they last a decent amount of time, then I will have no problems buying them again as my next set. As a bonus, I got a cheap little business card in the package with them, giving me a code for 10% of my next purchase from http://www.sixity.com/

Other Stuff:

They also sell some other maintenance items, such as spark plugs, and head lights, as well as some stuff for cars. I really don't remember what all they have though.

Thanks for reading!

Ben

Hi danballa!

Thanks so much for your business as well as your willingness to write and post a review of your experience with our company and products!  We pride ourselves in being able to provide the highest quality products for the most affordable prices.  If you have any questions or comments about any of the products we currently offer, or you are looking for something in particular, please do not hesitate to contact us!  Happy holidays :)