Mid O Aug 10th

Dubguy85

the ntec's are less of a headache than the "normal" 211's or 209's. the ntec's won't grow as heat builds so you don't have a geo gradually changing mid session, you'll think somethings going on with yourself when actually its just the tire growing in diameter.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in my case,dunlop rep.i been told i can get 7 days on front and 4 on rear,so i was thinking thats pretty good for $ 320.

i learn the hard way its not true.i got only one day out of my 211 Gp-A set at mid ohio.i got different setting now so i can get 2 days out of them now,so its still pretty expensive.they are awesome tires ,only bad think you get only couple dayson this.will see after i try 211-GP.

same deal, different views

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ta99ooVQHiw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckFTclr_bWM

the crash vid is still uploading, but we'll see if i actually post it. pretty embarrassing stupid mistake

Edited by natedogg624

Is that swingarm view just a GoPro double-sided tape mount on the swingarm? Wideangle?

yes its a go pro perma mount (3m double stick tape), long stem arm with the vertical mount buckle. go pro hero wide standard def

i got nothing lol

how bad is it? i didnt get much a change to look

needs a new radiator, slider puck and fairing stay, some barely noticeable cracks on the fairings but i wont bother fixing those.

also going to get new tires instead of takeoffs, new radiator and fairings stay are shipping tomorrow, debating on tires but i'll be back on track for the LED on the 21st hopefully weather permitting.

it was a good day on the track with some of you guys, and i realized later in the day that there were a lot more OR peeps there than I got to say hi to, so I'll just have to go again and make sure to play nice with everyone.

jinu was entertaining as always, and nate, sorry to hear to went down, but hope you're fine and everything's easily recoverable.

it really was hot as hell, but overall it was a blast and now I can see why people flock to Mid-O, it's a titties track.

quick question - i saw people taking pictures by the afternoon on the track, are those just regular people or was there a photographer there that we can look at pictures from?

second day was good for the most part. before lunch, the weather was pretty much perfect, and then it started raining. i ended up skipping 2 sessions after lunch, but probably could've ridden on the 2nd one. track dried up, and was perfect again for the last 2 sessions. 5 clean sessions on a rainy day at midohio is not terrible, i think.

i had a good time. see you all next time.

I never rode on Mid-O, how much of a downhill run is the backstretch leading into the esses?

It's a HUGE difference in elevation from the top of the keyhole down to turn 7. You don't realize it until you either stand up on top of the mound watching and just see how many feet lower it is.

There's TONS of elevation at Mid-O that you never realize sitting in the seat of a bike...

Sucks that it was someone that i'll never be able to get ahold of, because looking through the left turn over the hill after china beach I could clearly see someone taking the occasional picture of me following my instructor, and I'd love to see how they turned out.

Oh well, in the extreme off-chance anyone ears of anything let me know, i'd love to see some.