dont run from the police!!

Steve Butters

read this comment on facebook...it was posted on a link talking about the cop that shot and paralyzed that biker in ottawa hills

Rev. J.R. Zeke Whitelock

‎... First of all --- realize that we ARE a targeted and "profiled" minority in the eyes of law-enforcement ever since the RICO Act went thru in 1973... I recently addressed some discussion on this topic at a LE site I subscribe to (I'm a ...retired Deputy)...

... The federal training and directives are really the most to blame for over-reactions etc... Best bet is to shut off your engine & keep your hands on the handlebars... Most cops assume that you're NOT going to drop a $25,000 - $ 50,000 machine in order to "attack" them... Keep your cool ! A lot of cops also ride !

... If you're dealing with an older officer, you'll be MUCH better off in the "respect" category --- they still have some sense of commitment to their Constitutional Oaths... Respect breeds respect / I know that's a two-way street, but be willing to take the high road if necessary !

... Don't try outrunning a Police Interceptor --- I own one with a highway patrol chip --- It's pretty much a NASCAR with luxury appointments and working lights... I can do 0-60 in about 180 feet and top end is close to 215 mph... You might get away from a city car --- but remember --- they have radios and other things that make it a losing proposal...

made me LOL

i wont ever run from the police! those vics can do ferrari speeds!!

thanks for the warning Rev. Zeek

n785081099_5456.jpg

funny thing is, i work with a guy who has a mercury grand marquis with the same 4.6 2v..hes in his 50s...he thinks its the fastest car in the world man...talking about all the sweet burnouts it does and how it blows the tires off at any speed etc....what a moron, i pulled up next to him in my bolt on 2v slow ass mustang and he didnt even want none...shit, 215mph and he would shit all over me!

what sportbike costs $25-$50k?

everyone's riding an 1198S these days?

but yeah, a crown vic, even with the police interceptor package will be lucky to hit 140. I believe most of the modifications are suspension related, so they can run over curbs and stuff without destroying the car. Any performance mods might help acceleration a tad, but with all the crap they put in police cruisers, the additional weight offsets 90% of any acceleration advantage they gain.

that said, the mercury marauder was a pretty badass car ...if you didn't expect too much :p

his "Current City" is youngstown ohio...i doubt he meant km/hr lol... i posted this on the wall

Rev Zeek..... LOL at 215mph crown vic

in your dreams man, come on.... that same engine crammed into a lighter, more aerodynamic mustang with bolt ons, gears, CHIP, everything else is still a 160mph TOPS car...i give those vics MAYBE 130

**i used to own a 4.6 2v mustang, just like your vic

before that lolcat, gonna post that too lol

his "Current City" is youngstown ohio...i doubt he meant km/hr lol... i posted this on the wall

Rev Zeek..... LOL at 215mph crown vic

in your dreams man, come on.... that same engine crammed into a lighter, more aerodynamic mustang with bolt ons, gears, CHIP, everything else is still a 160mph TOPS car...i give those vics MAYBE 130

I've done 120 in mine (responding to a home invasion) with more to go, however, not that much more! Most "Police Packages" consist of bigger breaks and a larger radiator. Other than that, they are pretty much a stock Crown Vic. There are some police specific applications (cruisers that are made by a non-main stream manufacturer), but they are custom from the ground up and not based on any production vehicle.

cop on CR says he hit low 140s indicated in his patrol car responding to a call...i could maybe see that, assuming that the indicated speed is inflated on them by 5-10mph like it is on most vehicles!

I'll believe 140 indicated. My 600RR indicates in the 160's before I run out of track. no way it's doing more than 150 though.

Highway patrol is a different animal all together. They get all sorts of fun toys. Used to have camaros and mustangs. Now i see a lot more Chargers (even in suburbs). I'm betting the charger pushes or surpasses 150. Probably electronically limited at 155, like the Mustang Cobras were.

Someone had an article that linked to an older camaro hwy patrol car. It claimed a radar verified 165 for that particular vehicle.

I'll believe 140 indicated. My 600RR indicates in the 160's before I run out of track. no way it's doing more than 150 though.

Highway patrol is a different animal all together. They get all sorts of fun toys. Used to have camaros and mustangs. Now i see a lot more Chargers (even in suburbs). I'm betting the charger pushes or surpasses 150. Probably electronically limited at 155, like the Mustang Cobras were.

Someone had an article that linked to an older camaro hwy patrol car. It claimed a radar verified 165 for that particular vehicle.

my saab was indicated 155 when topped out, but was electronically limited to 146, so i take indicated speeds with a grain of salt when you get going that fast

and no doubt theres fast hwy patrol vehicles...shit, obetz has a gixxer police bike, not to mention the vettes and shit in cali/florida etc...

but not a crown vic lol that guys a fool

It's funny that people who post such things usually sprinkle a little "I'm a retired cop from some po-dunk village you're never heard of" just to give the piece an air of authoritarianism. How cute.

I've never been stopped on the bike since 2006, but after Ottawa Hills I'm jumping off that thing as soon as I bring it to a stop and asking to see the cop's hands. I no longer automatically assume that the completely random stranger that happens to have a badge on their chest and a loaded weapon (or two including the taser) on their hip is benevolent and has my best interests in mind.

OK I will buy a vic that does 215 mph then ship it thailand, strip the top off.......make the top bugati look alike baby.....bugati in about 10K......

Wiki Answers:

Top speed for a Crown Victoria police interceptor is 140MPH. This is not because it is all that the car is capable of, it's because it's governed by the vehicles computer and will stop accelerating once it hits the top speed listed on the speedometer of 140MPH. I sell police vehicles for a living. To check out my credibility look up my company on Google: Martel Autos or Martel's Police Vehicles.

Next time we have one in, I'll have to test it out. I've never thought about seeing how fast they will go, because they don't seem to have an abundance of power.

Someone needs to do the calculations on the engine rpms gear ratio and tire diameter to see what the theoretical top speed is at say 7k rpms just to shut this tool up.

I'm too lazy to do it.