Looking for "scenic" route suggestions

SWing'R

You love you some 104. :D

What :dunno:

We never hit 104 today anyway cause we ended up starting from Iron Pony and much

later than planned so we didn't complete the entire route as planned.

We took 270 to 33 to 180 to 56 then followed the route as outlined.

We did the whole thing up to 541, by the time we got to 70/77 it was

after 5pm and we decided to run the superslab back to Columbus.

56 was fun but most of the curves were wet so you couldn't take em very fast,

I enjoyed 550 from Athens to Marietta, 7 along the river was alright, 800 was a great

road however, from 7 at the bottom all the way up to Woodsfield the road conditions

were terrible. They did spot patching all over the place, the road surface was uneven

and rough everywhere. Once we got North of Woodsfield the road was pretty nice.

We had a great day and ate lunch at BW3 in Athens. I logged 355miles from the pony til I got home.

Wow,sorry to hear that about 800.It's usually in very good condition.What makes it even worse is that they have been doing a lot of paving in that area recently(260,537,565,145,255 a couple years ago)...sucks that they would do a shit job on 800,it's a main route!

Good to hear it was still a fun day riding.

Wow,sorry to hear that about 800.It's usually in very good condition.

My buddies comment when we stopped at a red light in Woodsfield pretty much summed it up, he said... "Who the fuck paved that road?" :p

Yes, still a great day of riding though, 300+ miles, no rain, perfect temp. It was weird, all day it looked like it could rain at any given

moment, yet all we got was about three drops as we passed thru Zanesville on 70.

The only negative thing that happened was a run in with a group of about 4 sportbikes and one standard that came up behind us

on 800 North of Woodsfield, we were currently following behind two pickup trucks at a average speed of about 50mph, the bikes

made some very bad decisions in regards to the passing, very unsafe. The leader punched it and passed both of us and both

trucks on a double yellow going into a left/right S-curve that was completely blind, he was completely left-of-center thru the

left turn, he could have killed himself or some innocent person coming the other way. We scooted over to the right side of the lane

and I waved the rest of the group up, they then passed the trucks as well, again in a very unsafe moment, the poor guy on the

standard got stuck behind the trucks for the next 15minutes :)

I was content behind the trucks cause the road was pretty much a solid double yellow all the way with very limited chances for a "safe" pass.

Edited by SWing'R

Next time you could head North to Mohican Hills and the Amish Country, great scenic cruiser roads.

Walnut Creek Area, Berlin, Sugarcreek...ETC..ETC... Ride Route 557 through Charm and Farmerstown, a few twisties for you.

557 is short enough where your friend can sit in Charm and wait for you to make a fast pass up and down, not real technical, but some fun anyway.

Watch for "road apples" the road has quite a bit, that would be embarrassing wrecking in a pile of horse dung.

Plenty to see, and wonderful stop and shop Amish towns, if that is your thing.

Edited by LINK

• 4 months later...
Take him to 555...he'll sell his cruiser...I'm just sayin...

BTD.

I am trying to think of the route... Comes out of Mcconnelsville and runs toward glouster. I like blowing off steam on that route. I used to take a ride to Dresden on the new northpointe and then come home via 666 from dresden to zanesville when I would leave work at night, then ride the river old river rd the rest of the way home.

:bow:

Just in case anyone's wondering why you have my name in bike description' date='

we should probably tell them that ROSSO means RED in Italian ;)

Yes! Has a nice ring to it doesn''t it? Rrrrroooosssoooo moootooo gutzeee STELve-o

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would suggest going down Rt.104 S(out of south Cols) to Circleville, RT 56. Take 56 west toward Athens. Once you hit Athens, you could take Rt 33 NW back up toward your home, OR take Rt 33 toward Pomeroy and the ohio river. Rt 56 is great road to cruise; or haul ass. Be careful of some of the tight turns in the Ash Cave area, they get gravel kicked up on the pavement. The turns can get very interesting, with the "marbles" in the middle of them!

Enjoy; be safe!