wtb bullet proof vest

that dude

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Body armor is a mandatory additional two year sentence to any felony in Ohio. Even a felony of the fifth degree. Basically everyone wanted one in their gun locker, years ago, and it's a fad that has faded away. Not an effect substitute for extra ammo. Highly over rated to own one, unless needed for daily duties.

that's effing retarded....

so you're free to own as much ammunition and tools for killing as you damn well please, but you can't have a piece of protective clothing?

is it just me or does this seem ass backwards?

so you're free to own as much ammunition and tools for killing as you damn well please, but you can't have a piece of protective clothing?

It probably has something to do with intent? If I own an full auto I might just like to shoot it. But body armor show intent to use that full auto for killing? I can't really spell out what I mean, hope it gets my point across.

My intent is to not die from a centermass gun shot...
^^This.. and I agree with Jon' date=' as well. I have been considering purchasing some armor to keep in the safe with teh gunz. Not sure what that has to do with "intent"... or why "intent" is even being argued. What fucking country am I in, again? :nono:[/quote']

I agree as well and have been thinking about getting some too. I guess I was saying it be more like premeditated instead of spur of the moment which would be a stiffer crime.

I understand your concerns. But when "armor piercing ammo" turned up for sale in large quantities on the market place, both ammo and ballistic armor were regulated. Times change. Ballistic armor is now considered defensive, and it's ok to own the non-military type equipment. Along with special penalties for using the ballistic armor in conjunction with any felony. The armor piercing ammo is still banned or regulated by federal law.

If you look for ballistic armor for sale you'll find plenty of the level II and level III. You can buy all you want. Tailors in New York will even make dress suits with Kevlar in it. So you are free to own ballistic clothing. Not sure where you got that idea.

Just be aware that the ballistic armor industry is regulated. There is going to be a paper trail of who bought what and when.

Not if I bought if off a guy from his private collection

I think he's required by law to keep records of who he sold it to. Same as firearms. If not, it would be a good idea to keep records. The reason is, it must be a legal sale. A ballistic vest cannot be sold to a felon, or to anyone, if knowledge of intent to misuse the ballistic vest is known. Also not for sale or export to various foreign countries.

Edited by ReconRat