wtb bullet proof vest

that dude

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only if someone asks you who you sold it to. Good question. Let's look it up.
Not in Ohio if they are a personal sale.

I looked real quick and couldn't find anything that you have to keep paperwork. You're only supposed to verify they aren't a felon, yada yada. I didn't think you had to keep a bill of sale.

Correct, and all good and true. But why the hell would someone want to sell without records of what they've done.

:dunno:

I always write up a bill of sale with the make/model/serial number. It's more to cover my ass than anything. But I have a record of sale for every gun I've ever sold.

I have never sold a firearm. It's against my religion.

Body armor is a mandatory additional two year sentence to any felony in Ohio. Even a felony of the fifth degree. Basically everyone wanted one in their gun locker, years ago, and it's a fad that has faded away. Not an effective substitute for extra ammo. Highly over rated to own one, unless needed for daily duties.

So the simple solution is not to commit a felony...

The "North Hollywood Shootout" raised a lot of eyebrows about guns, armor, and "conspiracy" laws after 1997.

The quick background is

In October 1993, Phillips and Mătăsăreanu were arrested in Glendale, northeast of Los Angeles, California, for speeding.[5] A subsequent search of their vehicle—after Phillips surrendered with a concealed weapon—found two semi-automatic rifles, two handguns, more than 1,600 rounds of 7.62x39mm rifle ammunition, 1,200 rounds of 9x19mm Parabellum and .45 ACP handgun ammunition, radio scanners, smoke bombs, improvised explosive devices, body armor vests, and three different California license plates.[6] Initially charged with conspiracy to commit robbery,[7] both served 100 days in jail and were placed on three years' probation.[8] After their release, most of their seized property was returned to them.

The prosecution knew by common sense that they were going to rob a bank, but they couldn't prove which one. Thus there was no "conspiracy" or "attempt."

the North Hollywood shootout, which all but the youngest of us should remember on the news, was the eventual result.

So this thread is filled with a bunch of junk ass posts..

Did you ever find your body armor? I have an extra vest but definitely wouldnt sell it off without a good reason as to why you would need it. PM me if youre interested

again, to not die from a centermass gunshot. :nono:

again, to not die from a centermass gunshot. :nono:

How often have you ever been shot at? And if this has ever happened, how much time did you have to grab a vest and put it on? A vest is only good to save your life from a center mass gunshot if you have it on before the shooting starts. That being said, are people going to walk around with a vest on 24/7? Have it in your trunk 24/7? And even then if you go into wal-mart to get some food and the shooting starts, youre screwed anyways because the vest is in the trunk. I mean in reality, unless you are planning on wearing it every day, all the time, or you are planning on getting in a gun fight, it wont help you out at all.

How often have you ever been shot at?

me personally? None... (hence why i'm not currently in the market for a vest)

And if this has ever happened, how much time did you have to grab a vest and put it on? A vest is only good to save your life from a center mass gunshot if you have it on before the shooting starts. That being said, are people going to walk around with a vest on 24/7? Have it in your trunk 24/7? And even then if you go into wal-mart to get some food and the shooting starts, youre screwed anyways because the vest is in the trunk. I mean in reality, unless you are planning on wearing it every day, all the time, or you are planning on getting in a gun fight, it wont help you out at all.

the same argument could be made for a helmet, or leather jacket...

wear your gear.

If i did have one (or felt the need to purchase one) you bet your ass I'd be wearing it.

As religiously as I wear my jacket and helmet when riding a motorcycle, I'd be wearing my bulletproof vest when out in public.

I may look in to getting one down the road as they become thinner and lighter (as materials and manufacturing processes improve)

Edited by magley64

the same argument could be made for a helmet, or leather jacket...

wear your gear.

If i did have one (or felt the need to purchase one) you bet your ass I'd be wearing it.

As religiously as I wear my jacket and helmet when riding a motorcycle, I'd be wearing my bulletproof vest when out in public.

I may look in to getting one down the road as they become thinner and lighter (as materials and manufacturing processes improve)

I think the gear when riding is a completely different argument. You wear it when you are riding since that is the time you will need it. And you really think you would be wearing a bullet proof vest all the time? You apparently have not worn too many vests either. ha ha. And remember, there is a difference between bullet proof and bullet resistant/second chance.

if i was inclined to buy one for whatever reason, i'd wear it whenever i damn well felt like it and wouldn't feel the need to justify the statistics of my usage to someone about my possibly random need for a sense of security (if that was my reason for wanting one).