10 hour trip..Possible destinations?

danballa

If you had a maximum 10 hours (total not one way) to take a bike trip anywhere..where would it be? Super Slabing it is fine with me.

Originally, I was planning a route through Hocking Hills, and then go to Moonville tunnel that I've been wanting to see..but it seems like I've been through that general area several times this year already, and haven't been out of state yet.

That got me to thinking, where can I go Out of state, and be back in 10 hours? Chicago and Niagara falls are both just out of reach at roughly 5.5h one way. Sadly, the STL Arch is about 6h. The most interesting place I can think of right now, is the Nada Tunnel in Kentucky. That 4.5 from Marysville..so within reach.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Wouldn't it make sense if you had 10 hours to take a trip to a destination, you may want to stop at the destination and site see for a couple hours too?

I would suggestion a destination about 2.5-3 hours away. Unless you are purely going for the ride...

If it's the latter, I'd head toward WV and ride some of the old mountain roads around Parkersburg and Charleston.

I say Hawks Nest on RT60 in WV.....I take I77 to Marietta, RT7 north to ST Mary's WV..across the bridge turn left on RT2, about 1/2 mile ti RT16 to Gaully Bridge, then left on RT60 up the hill to Hawk's nest.

Then 60 to I77, and slab it back home..... Great ride 16 is awesome 60 up to Hawks nest is awsome....

Pittsburgh, PA

Windsor, ON

Jamestown, NY

Kellys Island, OH (take the ferry across)

3 - 3.5 hrs each way with time for screwing around and eating before you head back. Let me know if you'd be interested in having some company.

Thanks for all the ideas.. Pittsburgh will be the Next time I'm in similiar situation. This time we took scenic route down, with a couple stops...and Ended up in WV. We had fun, and made it back safely.