I know why cheap bikes aren't selling

Benyen Soljax

It is a shame the way many Buell owners bash the I-4's

...and especially on Badweatherbikers.com, mainly from the owner of the site, the moderators, and the "all Buell's are great" Cult like members.

Who's bashing I4s?

The mod of BWB...Blake? Yep, pretty much an idiot.

Tpoppa,

If you do a search on BadWeb you will find plenty of I4 bashing, not looking for an argument, just stating what I have read and personally experienced.

Yeah I agree with you about Blake, but there are many followers on the site that are just as bad, especially the Blake nut swinger you got that link from Froggy, and don't forget the lying Court.

People worship Court like they do Erik Buell, he acts like he knows something and people buy into it, when it usually is a lie, or information from somebody else he claims as his own.

When called out on his lies, all his cheerleaders, including Blake and Froggy, bash the person, even though they prove he is lying, then he bails and lets the cheerleaders take care of it, usually someone gets banned.

I could have claimed Lemon Law on my 1125R a long time ago, but I kept trying my best to keep it.

When I went to pick it up after the blown engine repair, a 2009 engine was installed by the way, so probably reconditioned, the bike had a check engine light, the battery was not charging, and it smelled like coolant bad, I had enough.

My 1125R is not alone with all of its problems either, as much as it is denied, and all the excuses that are made, the majority, if not all of the 1125's, have several issues, or will have issues, and I was not going to go through that again.

Not a big deal though, the Z has not missed a beat, as expected!

I see the 1190, if released, being built the same way , unreliable with even less support.

Just my personal opinion,

Sorry for the rant!:)

What failed on your motor? I would have little confidence in any of the local dealers installing a new motor.

I've owned 20-25 bikes, most have been I4s. IMO, Buell (the company) didn't have enough resources ($$, time , people, etc) to test the 1125 as thoroughly as it should have been tested. Plus, HD wasn't exactly making life easy for them (see article above). Despite that, they pushed to get a competitive bike on the street. Out of the box, they have some teething issues. Most are simple quick warranty fixes, although I'm not happy with HD's method of addrerssing the charging system.

I still think it's a cool, unique bike, with top notch handling. Dealer support pretty much sucks. Mine had charging issues that the dealer couldn't solve. I made enough of a stink about it that they flew someone from WI to fix it.

I wouldn't worry too much about those in charge of a particular web forum. There are other forums that share your opinions about Blake, Court, etc.

Apparently something is supposed to occur on Sept 14th.

And "the dude from Queensryche is involved, and is debuting his new band’s hot upcoming single."

http://hellforleathermagazine.com/2010/09/buell-1190rs-gets-official-marketing-gets-officially-weird/

What failed on your motor? I would have little confidence in any of the local dealers installing a new motor.

I've owned 20-25 bikes, most have been I4s. IMO, Buell (the company) didn't have enough resources ($$, time , people, etc) to test the 1125 as thoroughly as it should have been tested. Plus, HD wasn't exactly making life easy for them (see article above). Despite that, they pushed to get a competitive bike on the street. Out of the box, they have some teething issues. Most are simple quick warranty fixes, although I'm not happy with HD's method of addrerssing the charging system.

I still think it's a cool, unique bike, with top notch handling. Dealer support pretty much sucks. Mine had charging issues that the dealer couldn't solve. I made enough of a stink about it that they flew someone from WI to fix it.

I wouldn't worry too much about those in charge of a particular web forum. There are other forums that share your opinions about Blake, Court, etc.

I can only speculate on the engine, whatever happened inside completely destroyed the engine giving me an oil and coolant bath while riding.

My bike lived in the 5K-8K range, very rarely near the rev limiter.

I bought mine before the price reduction, almost MSRP, because I liked it, and I too thought it was a unique bike, that is why I kept trying to keep it, even if it was not in my best interest.

I was good with A.D. Farrow until the engine failure, not the best dealer, but the best I could find.

I am not concerned at all about BadWeb, I was just voicing my opinion, even though on BadWeb the tone is set for Buell.

They give Buell a bad name, and Erik and EBR Staff are good personal friends with all of them, to me that speaks volumes about EBR!

Erik Buell is not a victim, HD took care of him, that is why he stayed with them, regardless what he says, he is true Harley Davidson through and through.

I am sure his bank account will prove that statement!

Erik Buell is not a victim, HD took care of him, that is why he stayed with them, regardless what he says, he is true Harley Davidson through and through.

Many would disagree with that. Hanging in his office is a T-Shirt that says FUHD in big letters.

BWB is basically one big Buell commercial. If you can filter through the BS, there is a lot of good Buell technical knowledge...by far more knowledge than at any dealer.

Anyway, sucks your motor ate itself.