Stunter crash video - Dallas

ReconRat

"The other riders may face charges..."

Video @ Clutch & Chrome

Stunting on Dallas highway leads to motorcycle fatality

Clutch & Chrome

Thursday, 09 September 2010

Written by Digits

...As the riders sped away, weaving through traffic 22-year-old Preston Cass slammed into the rear of a pickup truck. Cass is seen in footage being thrown ahead of the truck along with his motorcycle. While the driver of the truck slowed down and pulled over, the other riders rode off...

http://www.clutchandchrome.com/news/news/stunting-dallas-motorcycle-fatality

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/090810-cameras-catch-fatal-motorcycle-crash

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/Friend-says-motorcyclist-killed-in-crash-knew-of-dangers-102401824.html

Edited by ReconRat

Given the nature of this accident and poor decisions made that lead to his down fall. He was still a rider as we all are on here. Some might not agree with my statement but its just my opinion. People make mistakes and some mistake cost them their lives.

:rip:

I feel bad for his family, not for him so much. His accident was self created.
Always sad to see any life end but if you're not going to treat your life with any kind of value and commit virtual suicide, at least don't put other lives in danger or make anyone else feel bad for being in the way.

Ditto.

There are different degrees of mistakes. Failing to scan the road ahead and low-siding on gravel in a corner - that's a mistake. Stunting on the freeway then comitting a felony by running from the police at triple-digit speeds? That's something different.

I'm still stuck on why he didn't go around the pickup. All I can think is that he suffered target fixation and tried to brake rather than swerve. Heck, can you even swerve at 100mph+? That's a lot of gyropscopic effect to defeat.

I feel sorry for his family, yes. But he was the architect of his own demise, so my sympathy for him directly is tempered by that.

Either way RIP. To me this was a rider who was begging for a major accident after stunting in traffic and riding like a fucking idiot.

Fixed.

Don't stunt on public roads. Especially not in traffic.

No pity. His friends are assholes. The kid himself, probably an asshole as well.

Just like the faggot I saw on the freeway in Akron a month back. Backed up the entire entrance ramp to the street above on 8S so he could practice clutch-ups. :wtf:

RIP to the kid. Regardless of the fact that he was doing stupid shit, a KID (22 is young!) died. Tell me that 80% of guys on here haven't wheelied on a public road, highway or otherwise? Fuck you guys with your holier than thou attitudes. A kid is dead, show more respect than the assholes that were riding with him.

RIP to the kid. Regardless of the fact that he was doing stupid shit, a KID (22 is young!) died. Tell me that 80% of guys on here haven't wheelied on a public road, highway or otherwise? Fuck you guys with your holier than thou attitudes. A kid is dead, show more respect than the assholes that were riding with him.

I've never wheelied on a public road, highway or otherwise. ;)

I think the difference is, when some do it, they don't run into the back of a pickup truck running from the cops when they get caught.

Kid would've been fine if he just would've taken his lumps from the cops, but chose to take his chances instead. Ended up with different lumps.