Deals Gap warning from another forum.

LINK

Hey folks, Kinda new here but I figured I would let you all in on something.

If you plan on going the please be on the look out for these 2 kids. They go to a local collage here and was caught trying to steal a bike. Luckily there were great people there to stop that and grabbed a couple of pics while doing it. So if you go to ride, Please take the key out of your bike and let others know if you see these 2 kids in a Infinity G35. Thanks and be safe riding out there!

DSC_0106-1.jpg

DSC_0108-1.jpg

4969136932_984d30b300_b.jpg

4969135496_fd49830a8b_b.jpg

4968526325_0e876d1622_b.jpg

motivator499ad559df6cab226592aca126fe2b351aaf4364.jpg

Copied and pasted incase they take it down.

Something seems fishy here.

Relatively new poster on riderforum -- be nice if someone else could corroborate that account that these two knuckleheads really did what they're accused of.

It'd be a huge dick move for someone to make that up and plaster their faces on the net because of some private grudge that we're all unaware of.

Mr. Skeptical is skeptical of EVERYTHING. Just sayin'

Relatively new poster on riderforum -- be nice if someone else could corroborate that account that these two knuckleheads really did what they're accused of.

It'd be a huge dick move for someone to make that up and plaster their faces on the net because of some private grudge that we're all unaware of.

http://www.easttnriders.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35542&page=63

Starts at post #936.

Yeah, I'm not buying it. It won't stop me from sodomizing these two teenagers if I see them, but it won't be for bike-stealing it'll just be a general thing...you understand.

Saved me the trouble, thanks.

Yeah, I'm not buying it. It won't stop me from sodomizing these two teenagers if I see them, but it won't be for bike-stealing it'll just be a general thing...you understand.

It definitely 100% happened.

Since some people are slow and don't click links...here is the text of the incident...

Well...........heres my tale of the day. Went up early with the intent of just hanging on the porch all day knowing it would be next to impossible to ride the hill. Got there just after the cager crash occured, got in a nice clean pass. settled in on the porch after a bite to eat. Met R1er and saw Dwayne and Patrick. MG , Jeff, Mark (and his better half) and Gap Trash joined us for an afternoon of "Festivities" and "Pirate watching". After the crew broke up, Justin and I were sitting on the porch when I saw something unusual to say the least. My bike was parked where it always is right next to the porch directly in front of the doors to the store. I saw someone putting on gloves right over my seat. thay looked a lot like mine ! I stood up and there was a young guy wearing my chest protector , jacket and gloves !!!! I went staright to the bike as he was getting on it. I asked him what the hell he thought he was doing and, he told me that "The owner had told him he could take it for a ride" Well my first instinct was to beat the S**T out of him but, he looked very young and age and wisdon got the better of me. I pulled his sorry ass off my bike took his ID from him and sat him down on the bench. The girls in the store called the Sherrif's dept for me and sveral of the guys standing close by heard what was going on and helped me keep the little thief there until Grahm Co SO arrived. Long story short, he admitted to the officer that he was stealing my bike and after about 2 hours he was on his way to jail cuffed and stuffed !!! I've always left my key in the bike and my gear on it as well up there, it's always been an honor thing amongst bikers there. But today that little ass stole some of the magic of the hill from me. I'll never leave my stuff unattended again. Anyway, Thanks to the guys that assisted me whoever you are, to Brad for helping me out as well and to the LE officers from Grahm and Swain counties for talikng that asshole to jail !!!

and here's the pisser...

Hey KC, I was there today when the little punk tried to take off on your bike, one of my buddies (off duty detective) was one of the guys waiting with you till the local police showed up. What gets me about this is after the kid admits to trying to steal your bike they let them go!! Get this, on our way back home we stop at the overlook and who do you think we see? Yep the two thieves, they are walking around acting like nothing happened. Shocked to see they are still hanging around, the off duty tells them to get in their car and leave now. They did as told and got in their G35 and took off. Sad thing is they will try it again, they learned nothing today

Facebook page too....

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Thieves-From-UT-That-Tried-to-Steal-a-Bike-From-Deals-Gap/150073711690680?ref=mf&v=wall#!/pages/Thieves-From-UT-That-Tried-to-Steal-a-Bike-From-Deals-Gap/150073711690680?v=wall&ref=mf

Edited by dustinsn3485

so how do you admit guilt, get caught in the act, and get let go?

:bj:

It was labor day weekend. Cops probably had better things to do than run two kids to the station...Who knows...It's bullshit though. If the cops aren't gonna do anything to them, the public will. Hence the facebook page and this thread, it's spreading pretty quickly...

To those two wonderful youths....I ride a red 07 1000rr in pretty good shape one owner, never down, never wheelied, never over 70mph or 5000rpm. I will be at the Gap from the 1st to the 3rd and the key is always in the ignition. I usually back it in as well so it'll be really easy to take off on.

It's insured and worth more to ins than a CL buyer so help yourselfs.

Edited by MidgetTodd

To those two wonderful youths....I ride a red 07 1000rr in pretty good shape one owner, never down, never wheelied, never over 70mph or 5000rpm. I will be at the Gap from the 1st to the 3rd and the key is always in the ignition. I usually back it in as well so it'll be really easy to take off on.

It's insured and worth more to ins than a CL buyer so help yourselfs.

Wait a minute.....it's only a one owner bike? I didn't know that. :p

so how do you admit guilt, get caught in the act, and get let go?

"attempted" anything is a finicky charge.

unless the kid actually moved the bike off the property where it was parked, he'd likely get off on some technicality.

I don't know the specifics of that particular law, but dumber shit happens every day. putting on gloves and throwing a leg over a bike isn't attempted theft.

IF they had been arrested, what would they have been charged with? admitting that you meant to commit a crime isn't a crime. At best it's conspiracy to commit grand theft auto.

I can't believe he put on the owner's gear! I don't usually worry about leaving the key in my bike due to its utilization of multi-factor authentication. The 1125R's security system can be set to request a PIN before starting. After too many incorrect entries the display, along with the fuel system, is locked for a while.

Before the crime there is the "attempt". Before the attempt is the "preparation".

He was caught "preparing" to "attempt" the theft. If the owner had let the kid move the bike or start the engine up then it would have been an attempted theft.

Theft is the unlawful taking of the property of another with the intent to permanently deprive (the owner of that property). Putting on gloves does not contitute taking the bike. Now, why was he not charged with theft of the gear?? He took posession of it and his intention was to permanently deprive?

I wonder if he had some BS story like his buddy said he could ride the bike, but he got the wrong bike by mistake or something...