A Loud Crash...

dorifto240

And someone had thrown a large rock through the rear window of the truck. And they did it with such force that it also smashed the front window.

If anyone knows where I could pick up a replacement front and rear window for an 84 Dodge Ramcharger for less than what Safelite wants ($460+ before fees and taxes); I would be incredibly grateful.

The front window can be from a similar year pickup or ramcharger.

Also if anyone you know starts talking about how they smashed a trucks windows last night and it was really cool. Hit them.

With a baseball bat.

Like dirty pirate hooker.

Also, the automated incident report system for the Columbus police department sucks.

• Upvote 1

Wow, that sucks. Try some junkyards or CL to find used for cheaper probably.

I feel your pain; I had a group of teenagers bring a rock with them to my house and throw it through the bay window while on vacation. It was just a random act too, bastards, who the hell brings a rock with them?

Funny thing about rocks' date=' they are usually just layin around on the ground :rolleyes:[/quote']

Dare you to find a rock like the one that was thrown though my window on my street, or block for that matter. It was a hefty rock, but not like one of the fancy ones that people use for decoration (suburbs, so people do that kinda thing). The po-po said it was random kids, random act with a rock they brought, its really the only plausible explanation for my story. dorifto's however, could easily have been a rock from outside, i don't know any specifics. They offenders still deserve a swift kick to the groin regardless.

Seriously though, use max power's idea, pick and pulls/junkyards are everywhere, I am sure you can find it cheaper.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

It was a rock, brought with them and thrown from their car according to the neighbors.

Unfortunately this is a decent neighborhood, but we get spillover from the rougher neighborhoods around us. It's like Bexley, but with less pretension and overworked columbus police.

I wish it was a meteorite, but they tend to streak downwards, not horizontally. The size of the rock though, if it was a meteorite, I'd be set!

Thanks again for everything, everybody.