thinking about a harley.. oh noes!!!

Hoblick

yeah i was thinking street bob, but thats not to great of a 2 up bike

as for being overpriced..

the street glides price is right in range with similar models..

yamaha stratoliner deluxe

and the victory cross roads i think?

the street glide has the least power of the 3

i like the yamaha, but i hate the dash on it.. it doesnt have a physical stereo, only has speakers, amp, and a ipod hookup

the front fairing is kind of janky, and there is just alot of plastic on the bike

as for the victory i just hate the way the back end looks on it.. well pretty much the whole bike really

the street glide is a great bike, i have ridden one and i liked it quite a bit, all the instruments are in front of you, great stereo, handles ok, good storage, and great styling..

my only gripe is it doesnt make alot of power, but now they offer the 103 motor, so thats a plus

My dad loves his SG, his is an 2007, he is thinking about trading it in on a 2011. He has the blue one with all types of goodies on it. I get bored on it in about 10mins tho haha.

I've got a Fat Boy.......we bought it for 2up riding. Not my favorite, I ride my Versys 99% of the time. The Fat Boy is good for what it's made for(it isn't a sport/performance bike) but it will go down the road 70-80-90mph all day (just came back from a 4 day 1500 mile trip onit). It was great on the BRP at 40-55mph, or on the interstate 70-90mph. It's a 010 96CI....it has NO POWER, low end, roll on, or anything else. I may be biased, because I've ridden a FZ1, a FJR, and my Versys for the last 10 years...........

I wouldn't want it for my only bike, but for 2up, or just "cruising" it's good.

• Upvote 1

ehhh all different kinds..

there sare 100s of different bikes, power isnt everything

oh and there isnt another metric bike (water cooled) that makes that kind of torque

the VTX 1800 makes more HP but doesnt come close in torque

You sure? From what i get from this site http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/Honda/honda_vtx1800f%2005.htm

(could be wrong) The Vtx's got the Harley beat statistically.

The Honda will be cheaper...and you get the added relief of Honda reliability.

Just a thought.