2 CT70's possibly hot

Spike

On Friday I received a call at work from a chick who was "moving to Florida" and has 2 CT 70's for sale, cheap. So, I send over a guy from the shop with explicit instructions on calling me with the frame numbers of the bikes BEFORE giving her the check. I also told him to check her driver's license and copy all the information. Did he? Nope. She tells him her DL number, he never checks it or calls me with the frame numbers.

So, what did he bring back to the shop? Not one, but two bikes with the frame numbers ground off. I was beyond upset. Told him to take them back, drop them in the front yard if no one was there and tell the chick that I have stopped payment on the check.

He did take them back. If the chick was there, she didn't come out of the house but sent some young kid out. Shop dude tells him these bikes were ot at some point and here ya go - here's your bikes back.

Chick never called the shop again - hmmm. So, just for chits and giggles I ran her name through the local court search. Multiple charges for RSP and forgery.

Lesson - never do business outside the shop, ever.