600 grizzly engine help

Steve Butters

rob i have no way to get it over to you, and i dont wanna pull the engine if i dont have to...

i just dont understand...the chunks in the pics are too thick to be the rod bearing, because the rod is still tight...if i was missing a bearing that thick, it would be sloppy as hell....it has to be something on the clutch side im thinking

• 1 month later...

valves were fine...piston was fucked and slapping around inside the cylinder...resleeved it and bought a new piston, im in the process of putting it back together now...getting held up on the cam because i dont know how to put it back in...once i finally manage to install the cam, just need to slap the rocker cover on, add oil, and fire it up

IT LIVES.....i have a few issues i need to work out though before its 100%....mainly its pouring gas out of the overflow hose - and i mean POURING lol...and i need to tap a new bolt hole for the tensioner...and maybe adjust valves again

then i need a new belt and grease the rollers....work in progress for sure....maybe take it for its first babied test ride this weekend...depends if i figure out this carb issue, which i think i have

Edited by Steve Butters

• 4 weeks later...

they said "a few days" so i called a week later and they said a few days again, so i called 3 days later and he got very rude with me on the phone and said they wouldnt be getting to it that week and that he would call me when it was done.

i called back the following monday to ask if it was done and he said it was, i asked how much i owed and he said he didnt know that they would have to call me back

called me back hours later and "all said and done you'll have a hundred dollars into it" turned into $167.xx