food for thought...

oldschoolsdime92

nick thats on 75, between piqua and troy, apparently they are going to do 75 like that from MI to flordia. I don't like those one bit. gives me a very uneasy feeling.

Damn that's a long stretch of road to cover with those. Yeah, they just put them up on 675 like ohdaho said below a few days after that kid launched himself from the median into the top of the bridge at over 100+.

I noticed they all went up when that whack job launched himself off the guardrail and into the Dorothy Ln/Indian Ripple overpass on 675.

:plus1:

I like the fact that highway patrols can't do u-turns in the median. But. the first thing I thought of when I saw them was police state (watch?v=zPJQ4C8V2hc at www.youtube.com/).

With all the cameras everywhere, all we need now is a way to corral people to prevent them from escaping. I guess once the interstate medians are done they will be installed along the sides. I think eventually they will be installed along the sides of less traveled highways.

Edited by alienpi
  • Upvote 1

This was the first thing I thought, then I thought I'm happy it was there to keep the idiots from crossing the median into my lane. Protecting me from everyone else.

My second thought was. Shit, this is going to be harder to see OSP sitting in the median. After a few days and a few cops...it is.

I wonder how it will mess with radar guns?

This was the first thing I thought, then I thought I'm happy it was there to keep the idiots from crossing the median into my lane. Protecting me from everyone else.

Cops can still do U turns since its not a continuous fence. For the most part, emergency crossovers are still there.

The premise is that concrete barrier is a) more expensive and b) can cause a lot of damage to the driver.

But we still need a barrier since many fatalities are caused by head on collisions by cars drifting across the median and into the other lane. Also the intention is that on impact, the posts near the impact zone is supposed to give way and uproot. As the energy dissipates, less and less posts are uprooted. This lessens the impact and slows the car until it stops rather than going from 80mph to zero a la concrete barrier.

As for MC's, I'd be pretty concerned as well. However, like everything else in the US, the almighty cage is the primary focus.

The premise is that concrete barrier is a) more expensive and b) can cause a lot of damage to the driver.

But we still need a barrier since many fatalities are caused by head on collisions by cars drifting across the median and into the other lane. Also the intention is that on impact, the posts near the impact zone is supposed to give way and uproot. As the energy dissipates, less and less posts are uprooted. This lessens the impact and slows the car until it stops rather than going from 80mph to zero a la concrete barrier.

As for MC's, I'd be pretty concerned as well. However, like everything else in the US, the almighty cage is the primary focus.

in theory that sounds great....but i hit one at about 70mph and not one post came out of the ground...it was like a pinball machine, im very lucky i was the only car on the road, because it spit me back out across two lanes of traffic.....thats why i prefer guard rails - atleast they give an absorb some impact, instead of just pushing you back out into traffic

maybe it had to do with the ground being frozen, im not sure...i just dont really like these cords

yea...i got that mid-winter itch to drive my toy to work one morning at 4am...the roads looked clear so i thought, sweet no problem.....i guess my 285 drag radials didnt like black ice lol...came down a ramp in the stang a little hot, hit the ice, and it did a 180 and shot across 3 lanes slamming into those cords backwards and then it shot me to the middle lane where i came to stop

mcsteaks happen lol, oh well