Wide isn't wide enough? Okay.

RSVDon

anyone who is trying to say that making a perfomance car widebodied makes it rice obviously has never built or modded a car at all. if you seriously dont understand why they did that you should just stop commenting.

in all reality attempting to talk shit about that vette just shows how little you really know about moding.

(for the dumbies: hes making enough power that he cant hook up on stock wheel base. so obviously he needed to widen the stance so he can put it to the ground. and i can only guess when hes actually driving around corners if he applys power the tail always tries to beat the head around the bend. so if you widen stance, it has a harder time coming around on you and sliding)

anyone who is trying to say that making a perfomance car widebodied makes it rice obviously has never built or modded a car at all. if you seriously dont understand why they did that you should just stop commenting.

in all reality attempting to talk shit about that vette just shows how little you really know about moding.

(for the dumbies: hes making enough power that he cant hook up on stock wheel base. so obviously he needed to widen the stance so he can put it to the ground. and i can only guess when hes actually driving around corners if he applys power the tail always tries to beat the head around the bend. so if you widen stance, it has a harder time coming around on you and sliding)

Wow, someone that is actually talking sense and makes sense! It's nice to know there are car guys that actually get it around here. Welcome!

yeah i am sure the guy that slapped that wide body kit on the vette did the same amount of wind tunnel testing and research as the gm engineers

apples to oranges. Bet that wide body has way more HP than a stock vette

yeah i am sure the guy that slapped that wide body kit on the vette did the same amount of wind tunnel testing and research as the gm engineers

Huh? I bet the company that sells it did some extensive research. I'd almost guess it is similar to the LeMans cars I showed above. This isn't a rice type vendor and is certainly not a rice-like application in terms of fit, finish and quality...

That looks like a kit car vs. a supercar. It reminds me of the Pontiac Fiero kits... The gaps on the dorrs and hood, etc are shit. The Vette in question is amazing detail and very mean looking.

Anyone that has seen the LeMans cars has to agree (If you think they are badass).

sebring2009wall1280x102.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The wide

kits are typically for the rear end and front to accomodate upgraded suspension components and wheels/tires for performance. As for the comment that it takes away from performance based on weight, I am willing to bet large sums of money that if the guy did that kind of work, it ain't stock... Power is probably not an issue.

Read up on Callaway, they're doing more than a body kit. Been doing it for a long, long time too.

Huh? I bet the company that sells it did some extensive research. I'd almost guess it is similar to the LeMans cars I showed above. This isn't a rice type vendor and is certainly not a rice-like application in terms of fit, finish and quality...

What company sells it, link? If not stfu :D

Jesus you guys look into things wayyyy too much.

This is why I keep my car things to the car websites. The bike guys are way too anal about "functionality". :lol:

BTW, all that Callaway bullshit. Yeah, it's just like any other bodykit. Styled for looks, not wind-tunnel tested to reduce drag/lift and enhance speed. Same with almost any other company out there.