Nothing quite like midnight conference calls....

Casper

Nothing quite like being dumb enough to answer the phone at midnight. :nono:

I'm at my office on a scheduled conference call. We're moving to a new datacenter. So we're testing failover of VM servers, essentially failing them over from DC1 hoping they recover and come up live at DC2. But hey, I must be dumb.

I'm at my office on a scheduled conference call. We're moving to a new datacenter. So we're testing failover of VM servers, essentially failing them over from DC1 hoping they recover and come up live at DC2. But hey, I must be dumb.

HA cluster, DRS, Load Balancing, VMotion, and Storage VMotion? VSphere ftmfw...;)

Conference calls that late at night mean you are generally at home in front of a pooter drinking.

So technically we are drinking at work which means we win. :)

At my old job, yes definitely. I miss those days sometimes. This job, no drinky while worky. :(

Ah yes.. the fun stuff of Virtualization!... SRM, HA, DRS... Unfortunatly... I know your "pain"

At least it sounds like you are working local?

Try working with the Pacific Rim area...Japan/China...tired, trying to make vm's come up half way across the globe, all while trying to understand the person on the other end of the phone... (By the way, if you are working in VMware, SiteRecoveryManager is your Friend for datacenter migrations!)

Good times!

No drinky here either....