Post your weapon...

Putty

Only issue with Crossbreed is it takes 6 to 8 weeks to get, after the order. That's too long. The CTAC I can have in 3 days. I looked at The Answer, but it was $$$$. Four of us took the ccw class last week. Was $100 a person. Instructor was great. A very nice/cool guy.

Wow, I didn't think the wait was that long for the crossbreed. I guess his business has really picked up. Thats about a typical wait from the bigger name places like Milt Sparks. I think Fist-Inc says 5-6 weeks for their stuff, but I had my last one back in like 3 weeks. I order only the ultra thin kydex varients from them, so they are probably less time to make than the leather ones.

Who did you do the class through? Was it one of the PRO instructors or was it New Albany ? I've heard a lot of good stuff about the PRO guys. In fact, I was going to do my instructor certification through them, but their classes never fit my schedule and I ended up doing it with my rifle coach.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only issue with Crossbreed is it takes 6 to 8 weeks to get, after the order. That's too long. The CTAC I can have in 3 days. I looked at The Answer, but it was $$$$. Four of us took the ccw class last week. Was $100 a person. Instructor was great. A very nice/cool guy.

Wow, I didn't think the wait was that long for the crossbreed. I guess his business has really picked up. Thats about a typical wait from the bigger name places like Milt Sparks. I think Fist-Inc says 5-6 weeks for their stuff, but I had my last one back in like 3 weeks. I order only the ultra thin kydex varients from them, so they are probably less time to make than the leather ones.

Who did you do the class through? Was it one of the PRO instructors or was it New Albany ? I've heard a lot of good stuff about the PRO guys. In fact, I was going to do my instructor certification through them, but their classes never fit my schedule and I ended up doing it with my rifle coach.[/quote:6cad6]

I used a guy that's a NRA Counselor. He teaches CCW on his spare time. He has a regular 9 to 5 as an insurance agent. The class actually takes place in his office. He does not advertise...Usually people who have used him, refer to others. Someone here at my job told me about his. Course was on a Weds-Thurs from 6:30 to about 10 and we did the range the following Saturday.

As for the holster, Cross is the way i wanted to go, but I am not waiting that long. Here is the one I got http://www.comp-tac.com/index.html. Currently, I use the UMikes.

If anyone needs Kydex holsters my buddy makes them for anything and anyway you want. He also does custom leather but he has to wait on his new machine to come in...

Any good ones for shirt tucking? Deep conceal?

I have an M4A2 with an ACOG and a 1911 as a backup.

pistol grip shotgun.

buying a compact soon, not sure what to get

[/quote:d6b50]

For the compact stuff, I really like the Kahr stuff. Specifically, the P9 and the PM9. The subcompact glocks are pretty good too, but not as thin. Also an "officer" sized 1911 is a nice compact, thin gun for carry.

I had a P9 and it was nice to carry in the small of the back but the triggerpull and grouping sucked.... If your to get a Kahr the PM9 it is the better of the two. I'm a glock man all the way. Use to carry a Glock 27 (.40cal sub compact), but one needs the mag extensions when tacking out some shots. The recoils is a little much for a gun that small. I currently carry a glock 19 (9mm mid size). This has to be one of the best weapon systems I own. I highly suggest the lasermax laser and true glo sights. After spending the money it is well worth it....

Mave, what holster do you use when you carry your G19? I'm looking into CCW classes, but only have a Fobus for when I'd shoot USPSA. I also have a nice Don Humes(sp) that was given to me, but it's OTW. My friend carries his G27 on his ankle and loves it, talk about recoil in that thing.

I actually carry my glock 19 on my ankle. I use to carry the 27 but because of above mentioned recoil I switched. I have a custom made inside the pants leather holster my buddy made me, but it's a little thick. He just made 2 prototypes of the kydex holsters that go inside the pants with loops that will attach to the belt. They should be done soon, I'll let you know. I sold my Kahr holster. He also made me a full leather ouside belt holster. My brother uses it everyday for the past 3 years with his sub compact .357 sig and it's still like new.

Mave, what holster do you use when you carry your G19? I'm looking into CCW classes, but only have a Fobus for when I'd shoot USPSA. I also have a nice Don Humes(sp) that was given to me, but it's OTW. My friend carries his G27 on his ankle and loves it, talk about recoil in that thing.

btw. They tested the fobus holster under stress with cops. The padded ones seem to come off the pants when you draw not aloowing you to shoot. There was also a glitch upon reholsering, the guns went off. Be wary of those.

I also spent good money on a miami vice shoulder holser. Only used it a couple of time, don't waste your money...

Wow. What a truely ignorant post. Your generalization of gun enthusiasts as gangsters is like saying anyone who rides a bike is a biker thug drug pusher. There is a huge logical disconnect in that assumption.

Shooting sports and the carrying a firearm for defensive purposes is perfectly legal and normal behavior. Please go shit on someone else's thread.