How does this happen????? LOL

Casper

I've seen a couple issues be 50% - 50% but didn't see the actual voter numbers. They will recount and recount again, then people will bitch so the'll recount some more. Then there will be a problem with the voting machines (since hanging chads or no longer the in thing anymore)

And to think of all the people who say their vote doesn't matter. :D

Big +1

what are the odds though that this happens twice in the same county? I'd understand if the total votes on each issues were the same and they were both about the same subject.

And as IP said, Local elections are almost more important than presidential or senate races. At least from the perspective that there is more immediate and direct impact to yourself.

Was watching some of the early returns last night, and something for Somerville (down here near Cinti) rolled across with something like "Yes" = 46%, "No"= 54%, but the number of votes were 6 and 7 respectively. I chuckled. Again, that was early-on. The final numbers were waaaay up in the 50's and 40's, if I remember right.

i never understood why people would decline a school levy. i had to go through two of those throughout my education, made no sense as to why it was always so close.

Because when the district does not do with it what they say, and ends up wasting it, it pisses the people off. Do that enough times and finally the people say that enough and won't pass any more.

i never understood why people would decline a school levy. i had to go through two of those throughout my education, made no sense as to why it was always so close.

all about the $. When I was in school I didn't get it either, now that I'm on the tax paying side I totally get it

so in order to fix the problem we need to take it out on the kids of tomorrow? find other areas to cut taxes or if they can't afford it, move to a place with cheaper taxes (which will most likely have a failing school district)

(yes i realize moving is very expensive and a completely irrational thought to the statement...)

so in order to fix the problem we need to take it out on the kids of tomorrow? find other areas to cut taxes or if they can't afford it, move to a place with cheaper taxes (which will most likely have a failing school district)

(yes i realize moving is very expensive and a completely irrational thought to the statement...)

I have a daughter under 2. If it is between me making my house payment or not, I'm voting no. Conversely, I will never allow myself to get into that situation, so I won't worry about it.

If WC wouldn't have given the monster tax exemptions for all of those businesses off Union Centre, they'd be fine. (Ikea, Rave, Champps, PF Changs, 5+ office bldgs, etc)

Not voting in local elections is absolutely retarded. :nono:

I was browsing election returns last night (so I acknowledge that the numbers were incomplete), but I checked the Broadview Heights levies to see how they were fairing.

total votes were around 6,000

I looked at some of the East Cleveland ballot issues, and the total votes were more like 200. One was something like 46-76.

I'd like to see data on likelihood to vote and it's correlation with income level...

Simple.. because "it's for the kids" isn't a good enough reason to excuse wasteful spending. You wanna' change my mind? Alright.. let's crack open the books' date=' see who's making what, find the excess fat, and bust out the meat cleaver. Until then.. shove "it's for the kids" right up your ass.[/quote']

The bad thing is where they will start the cuts. They'll start at the bottom, where it will effect the kids the most. Chances are, they'll freeze the top paid admins, rather than cutting.

The bad thing is where they will start the cuts. They'll start at the bottom, where it will effect the kids the most. Chances are, they'll freeze the top paid admins, rather than cutting.

It's called extortion...heaven forbid they cut the administrators, administrators assistants, administrators assistants assistants, the assistants to the administrators assistants assistant, etc, etc.

If we hurt the kids by taking away their sports, extracurricular activities and fire teaches, we can extort the money from the parents.