Ebay catastrophic epic fail

magifesq

I bought a Thai headlight assembly off ebay and it arrived damaged, so I follow the ebay guidelines, filed a claim and ship it back - the only affordable way - usps economy. I called ebay to make sure I could get my refund since you cannot track usps economy packages once they leave the USA, the lying ebay customer support rep said ebay has their ways.

Long story short, seller has my money and probably even has their product back and I have got jack for my trouble.

Thanks ebay

You did several things I would not have:

1. bought something from Thailand

2. you shipped it back without tracking abilities

3. you assumed people are honest

did you pay with a credit card? You can file with your card company, but iit'll be tough without proof you sent it back.

If you paid via Paypal, you should have refund options. Did the seller have good feedback? Remember those $12 key-fob/ remote cameras? From China or Hong Kong, and the seller for those fully refunded my payment, incl shipping, when neither of the two that I ordered worked. Didn't want me to ship it back, "its not worth the cost". You may be jumping the gun on assuming that they're screwing you.

i learned the hard way with shipping overseas. one of the first items i sold was also one of my most expensive items to someone in japan, shipped usps priority international.

took one month to get to the recipient. now for anything international i ship usps express, cheapest international option and get to their door faster than domestic priority in some cases.

One of the reasons I am sceptical about the plastics from Hong Kong and China... for the RC51. The look awesome in the photos. The bike in the picture - that states "customer installed our fairings on the bike" WTF is that... Does nto state his bike... Anyway, pay shipping 250-300 dollars, then if they are cracked or broke you send them back? how long is this going to take? Are you going to get nailed on customs and shit with something that size... and no one has answers for you either? Too many little loop holes with those countries... and dealing with them on ebay

You did several things I would not have:

1. bought something from Thailand

2. you shipped it back without tracking abilities

3. you assumed people are honest

did you pay with a credit card? You can file with your card company, but iit'll be tough without proof you sent it back.

That pretty much sums up my eBay experience as well. I will never buy anything from out of the country ever again. Nor will I sell out of the country. Always ship with tracking. And never assume anyone is telling you the truth.

This might seem strange, and it did to me, but I have shipped small packages (pistons, brakes, hubs, even handlebars) to Sweden, Germany and Denmark using USPS and... everything has arrived within as week and the shipping was not that much more than sending to the Domestic US. Once I sent a gas tank to Australia (USPS) and it arrived in a week.

Buying is a different story. Everything coming from across the Pacific is questionable.