Verizon

Meanie

Verizon is running a promo right now. I guess they decided Sprint was taking some of their business. Unlimited text, internet and email for 69.99 for a solo plan (450 minutes) and 139.99 for family plan (1400 minutes). 19.99 for additional lines on the family plan. I switched my plan, it requires a one year agreement, and I got 2 Droid 2s for an extra 75 bucks each. I got a special price on the droids because I was thinking about switching to Sprint for the cheaper package deal but since Verizon lowered their prices I asked if they could hook me up with a discount on the droids. Hopefully the new phones will be here on Monday. They will not combine employer discounts with this plan. The plan isn't for a set amount of time and then goes up, the CSR told me as long as you keep the plan the price stays the same. I liked the droid I had before but couldn't justify $200 a month for cell service. Just an FYI.

I think the invite to the promo was only sent to certain people, below is the link to the invite.

https://email.vzwshop.com/servlet/website/ResponseForm?OSPEUT_9_9_z_UU_0Hsr_.2eHmH_wkhthEitHNFiHJILss...DgLmSee

Edited by Meanie
  • Upvote 1

That's still more than Sprint. I have the unlimited family plan 1500 minutes for $129, the second line is free, then each additional is $20 a month. I'm not being a sprint fanboy here, but their service works well for me, and the price is great. On top of it, we get my wife's employer discount, which is something like 18%. 3 lines, insurance on 2 of them, taxes and all is less than $150 a month.

Yes but I'll take Verizons coverage over Sprint any day. I ported over from Sprint/Nextel for that reason Mr.Porter. It's the network.

But, I think I proved on the poker run/sumo kill ride, that Sprint is better in some places. The most important thing is what works where you need it, THEN price. Here at the shop, Sprint used to be the only one that would work inside the metal building, but now the others have enough signal too, Mr. Rider...

I am a current Verizon customer and qualified for the promo plan. I think it was aimed at current customers. I just wanted new phones, so it worked out for me.

Yes, Sprint is still a little cheaper but I get service in PA with Verizon and not with Sprint. It depends where you go.

Like I said just an FYI, if it saves you some dough, sweet. If not, well that works too.

It looks like you did not learn your lesson Keith. You know better than to get on this forum and try to get people a good deal on something, don't be suprised if soemone calls Verizon and calls you out yet again!

Nope I'm not hooking them up with anything, besides I've seen it a few times on Facebook. It's Verizon's deal, I had nothing to do with it.

• Upvote 1

The only time I get anything done at Verizon is when I call customer service.the in store people always give me the run around.

Here's an example:After Alltel was bought out by Verizon,I wanted to add my daughter to my plan,now i still had a contract thru Alltel,I went to Verizon and they told me I would have to BUY out my old contract and start a new one.After a call to customer service it was all fixed.

Alright well, not too difficult. They basically forced me to upgrade one of my lines to a DROID in order to take advantage of it, but my mom has been wanting one anyway.

My bill went up by two dollars, but we have unlimited data on all lines now so that's cool. Thanks for the tip Keith.

The only time I get anything done at Verizon is when I call customer service.the in store people always give me the run around.

I think it's the same for most, if not all carriers. I've never gotten much of anywhere in-store. I'll usually get my phone upgrades at a store, but it's usually Best Buy, where they activate the phone for free, and sometimes a slightly better deal. When I'm due for my upgrade this time, I may try calling in to see what they'll do for me, being my 10th year with Sprint.

Alright well, not too difficult. They basically forced me to upgrade one of my lines to a DROID in order to take advantage of it, but my mom has been wanting one anyway.

My bill went up by two dollars, but we have unlimited data on all lines now so that's cool. Thanks for the tip Keith.

+1 Just got off the phone with them myself and my Droid2 will be here tomorrow, and not a day too soon. My enVTouch (aka POS) was toast and past warranty. Keith, mad rep to you, sir!