Remington 870 Sale

chevysoldier

as a shotgun newb....how difficult is it to later add a longer barrel for possible hunting to the Express Pump?

Base 870 comes with 26" or 28" barrel.

Some of the other 870 models come with 2 barrels, 20" and 26".

Takes about 5 seconds to swap barrels out.

Intriguing...I want a shotgun for home defense purposes but also would like to try and get into hunting with some friends. If I could buy 1 gun to serve both purposes for now that would be excellent

Intriguing...I want a shotgun for home defense purposes but also would like to try and get into hunting with some friends. If I could buy 1 gun to serve both purposes for now that would be excellent

It's a great gun. I think you had posted about it in the thread I started about the 870 I picked up?

probably...I'm pretty much set between getting a Mossberg 500 or an 870. Though the cheap ass in me is considering just getting a Maverick 88 for home defense now and picking up something better solely for hunting down the line. Can never have too many, amiright?

^^^ I just noticed the last page of the Gander MTN sale ad in the news paper.$249 and you choice of 12 or 20 gauge, wood or synthetic stock 26 or 28 inch barrel. Seems like a great deal.

I currently have home defense 870 with 18 inch barrel. I thought i would purchase another barrel so i can hunt turkey and also shoot skeet. I have not looked into used barrels, but a new 28 inch barrel from Remington is about $250 just for the barrel.

Plus, i do not want my home defense gun all beat up and knocked around out in the woods and at the range. So, I plan to get a second 870 shotgun that I can hunt with and shoot skeet. The home defense 870 will stay as a home defense shotgun. I will take it to the range just to cycle rounds through it.

This seems like a better deal, if only for the simple fact that it comes with a defense barrel and a hunting barrel

http://slickguns.com/product/mossberg-28-vent-rib-12-ga-pump-shotgun-combo-25900-store

I don't know where "Big Five" stores are though...

all on the west coast i believe

probably...I'm pretty much set between getting a Mossberg 500 or an 870. Though the cheap ass in me is considering just getting a Maverick 88 for home defense now and picking up something better solely for hunting down the line. Can never have too many, amiright?

I had looked at Mavericks but after doing some research, I won't buy one, especially for home defense. 870s are tried and true.

Check out Vances' website. Used police 12 gauges for $150.

This. BUT when they get a shipment it, prepare to stand in line for a while and hope you get one. This is what I have heard fro a guy who has bought them anyways.

Get this. Its made to lay the smack down.

http://www.shootingillustrated.com/2626/mossberg-930-spx/

:cool::bow::cool:

^^^ I just noticed the last page of the Gander MTN sale ad in the news paper.$249 and you choice of 12 or 20 gauge, wood or synthetic stock 26 or 28 inch barrel. Seems like a great deal.

I currently have home defense 870 with 18 inch barrel. I thought i would purchase another barrel so i can hunt turkey and also shoot skeet. I have not looked into used barrels, but a new 28 inch barrel from Remington is about $250 just for the barrel.

Plus, i do not want my home defense gun all beat up and knocked around out in the woods and at the range. So, I plan to get a second 870 shotgun that I can hunt with and shoot skeet. The home defense 870 will stay as a home defense shotgun. I will take it to the range just to cycle rounds through it.

Eh, I figure the 870 is a work horse. If it gets a little beat up, it won't bother me too much. If I bought a $2k shotgun, I'd be keeping it pristine though.

This seems like a better deal, if only for the simple fact that it comes with a defense barrel and a hunting barrel

http://slickguns.com/product/mossberg-28-vent-rib-12-ga-pump-shotgun-combo-25900-store

I don't know where "Big Five" stores are though...

Nice find but I have never heard of that store either.

I have 3, 1 express w/both barrels, 1 wingmaster duck, and 1 winngmaster special

The express gets used for everything. Starting to get a little rough around the edges. My dad got for me for x-mas when I was 12, that was 24 years ago.

Now I have a berreta extrema that I would not sell for the world. High end gun. Got a deal on it. Duck hunt with it and shoot trap and 5 stand with it all the time. Love it. But when it comes to versatility the 870 is hard to beat. Cops have been using them for years and years, becuase they are so durable.

Edited by Beegreenstrings

i've got a nice Winchester 1300 20ga for home defense. 18" barrel and pistol grip. i may end up switching out the pistol grip to a nice collapsible

Winchester1300.jpg

How do you like that foregrip? That's the same one that cam with my pistol grip/buttstock. I never put it on because I felt it had less grip than the original.