It's official, 2011 Tuono4

RSVDon

Hmmmmm.... RSV4 is a thing of art and beauty. This is a monstrosity... Why does it have to look like an RSV4? Seriously, the intakes and fairing looks like the kid crashed it and then pieced it together enough to ride it until he had the cash to get it completely back to stock...

I think they needed to do a different frame and create a completely different chassis and bike. Use the motor, but that's it... Well, except the obvious parts - I mean to create something that is different and not a crash repaired RSV4...

This is sex...

14610112011apriliarsv4f.jpg

Yeah and remove the black plastic section above the green and below the red and you have the new bike? Did you think they were gonna build a new bike? the old one was the same as a mille with crash damage also. Bet they detune the motor as well. Why would you want the rsv4 for the street if they offered the same bike minus side plastics and with a handle bar.

Yeah and remove the black plastic section above the green and below the red and you have the new bike? Did you think they were gonna build a new bike? the old one was the same as a mille with crash damage also. Bet they detune the motor as well. Why would you want the rsv4 for the street if they offered the same bike minus side plastics and with a handle bar.

Uh, yeah. I know they have the resources. I also know they are smaller and aren't selling as many as they like. This is an easy to do thing to simply mod an existing model, but understand that sometimes, it doesn't work. The lines, the way it flows is completely different than the Mille version. That frame and such was different and worked with a street fighter appearance.

Trust me, I know what a manufacturer can or cannot do...;)

I am not disagreeing with you the lines of the new bike do not work and the older body style was not much better. But my point was that no manufacturer is going to make a naked bike that would compete with there supersport bike. Why would they risk the loss of sales on there prized sport bikes. Give me a naked gsxr/cbr 1000 with the same motor, brakes, and front and rear suspension with a handle bar.

I am not disagreeing with you the lines of the new bike do not work and the older body style was not much better. But my point was that no manufacturer is going to make a naked bike that would compete with there supersport bike. Why would they risk the loss of sales on there prized sport bikes. Give me a naked gsxr/cbr 1000 with the same motor, brakes, and front and rear suspension with a handle bar.

The idea as what Yamaha is doing with their FZ series is what I am getting at. Use the top shelf motor, but build a naked bike. More relaxed style frame and components and it's not going to compete with the racer replica...

The idea as what Yamaha is doing with their FZ series is what I am getting at. Use the top shelf motor, but build a naked bike. More relaxed style frame and components and it's not going to compete with the racer replica...

Except for the fact that Aprilia's intention with the Tuono was/has always been for it to be a "naked-superbike". That's also what has gotten it good reviews in the past. When everything else is watered down, "relaxed" garbage, here's this bike that is basically a superbike without fairings.

I also think that's why it has the following it does from a select group of riders. Aprilia did what so many buyers do. Buy a sportbike, realize it's uncomfortable, and put riser bars on it and be happy with their sportbike that's still livable.

• Upvote 1