Ohio bike week 2008......... no really

mrbret

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On that video there were a few sport bikes & a small part with some stunters in a propper stunt section, not just on the street etc.

Either way I think it may be a laugh to go check it out so closer to the time I'll see who DOES want to go & we can sort something out, I'm sure a bunch of the TSBR people will come along to as it's pretty close to them.

WE ALL RIDE, WHAT DOES IT MATTER WHAT WE RIDE....I have both Harleys and Sport bikes and I ride my Harley with my sport bike friends and my sport bike with my Harley friends. You all need to drop this thing you have about Harley riders not wanting to ride with sport bikers. Hell half of those Harley riders you all dont like came from sport bikes and there kids (that are probably your age) are now starting to ride and there riding sport bikes. Satin is correct when he says that we can turn this around but not with little high school attitudes. Harley rides drink and ride and Sport bike riders speed and do tricks.... which of us is right, Neither but we do what we do because it makes us happy. The one thing we all agree on is that we ALL would rather be riding than anywhere else so open your minds and shut your mouths and learn something new, you might even have fun trying something new.

Oh, I'll take a cruiser any day. But one worth the money and reliable and doesn't vibrate parts off. In other words, anything but a harley. I like cruisers, I don't like Harleys. They're behind in all aspects of design. I like progressing as years go by, not staying in the past. ;) You have your opinion which you stated and everyone else is entitled to theirs. :) Your way of thinking isn't everyone else's.

Oh and as for riding with a cruiser while I'm on my sportbike is like going hiking through the woods with a buddy on a wheelchair. It just isn't as fun. I've ridden about 2x with a bud on a cruiser before and that was it. I never called him for any rides again after that. That was years ago, haven't spoken to him since really because he just wasn't any fun to ride with.

I agree not all harley riders are bad, just about 97.99% of them are! I think ist funny when you see the rich middle aged couple with brand fuckin new harley davidson leather jackets getting in their Jag! and they think their bikers cause they bought the shinyest harley they found on the show room floor, the day they decided to become a biker.

Not all Harley riders are dicks. I hang out with several. Most of them are actually nice guys who just like to ride. Its just a few bad ones that give us this impression. Same with sportbike riders. Most are just out for the ride. But there are those few who have something to prove. Maybe their penises are really small and that's why they feel the need to ride a wheelie down the middle of the freeway in traffic. I don't know. Every type of riding has a time and place. Knowing when and where and riding within your ability is what makes you a good rider.

Harleys sucks. Period. There 50 years behind the rest of the world (At LEAST). They sell tee-shirts, and gay leather fetish wear. Any grown man with tassels on his handle bars needs to step back and take a SERIOUS look at himself.

"The Motor company" is more of a pagan religion than anything. They sell Junk and they know it.

Check the Suzy site on the M109 Boulevard.

http://suzukicycles.com/Products/M109RK8

Notice on the right there is a link box to important things, like SPECS, I'll cut and paste for yout

Specs

Engine:1783cc, four-stroke, liquid-cooled, V-twin, DOHC, 8-valves

Bore Stroke:112.0mm x 90.5mm

Compression Ratio:10.5:1

Fuel System:Fuel injection

Lubrication:Semi-Dry Sump

Ignition, digital/transistorized

Transmission:5-speed

Final Drive:Shaft

Overall Length:2450mm (96.5 in.)

Overall Width:875mm (34.4 in.)

Overall Height:1185mm (46.7 in.)

Seat Height:705mm (27.8 in.)

Ground Clearance:130mm (5.1 in.)

Wheelbase:1710mm (67.3 in.)

Dry Weight:319 kg (703 lbs.)

Suspension Front:Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped

Suspension Rear:Link type, coil spring, oil damped, 7 way adjustable spring pre-load

Brakes Front:Dual hydraulic disc

Brakes Rear:Single hydraulic disc

Tires Front:130/70R18 M/C 63V

Tires Rear:240/40R18 M/C 79V

Fuel Tank Capacity:19.5 liter (5.2 gal.)

Color:Black, Gray, Orange

Notice at the top is Tecinal info on the engine, Displacement, compression ratio, bore and stroke, even oil system. Real info about the bike. useful stuff. stuff you can actually compare to other real info to decide which would be a best investment

now off to "The Motor Company's" site to look at there latest "lets throw everything in the back room into the field and see what the goat shits out next week that we can sell" ************ (I can't even bring myself to call what that thing produces a motorcycle)

:lol: Holy shit. It's worse than I expected.... This is Harley's "Features and specs" section for there powertrain section of the top end bike they sell...

-Air cooled, Rubber mounted, Twin-Cam 110tm engine

-6 speed cruise-drive tm transmission

[/end of document]

Thats it. Thats all they wrote. THAT is Harley Davidson's ENTIRE spec sheet for their bike. They KNOW their selling you recycled shit. the most cutting edge stuff they have is the tires on the bikes, and thats only because they're buying them from other manufactures. RUBBER MOUNTED engines? WTF? My engine is solidly mounted to the frame, and is an INTEGRAL part of the bike, it's a stressed member, meaning the engine its self is a supporting section of the frame, and my bike STILL vibrates less than a POS Harley! Please explain how this makes any sense!?

And if you think buying a HD is buying American, THINK AGAIN! EVERY electrical component, and about 80% of everything else is made overseas, it's simply ASSEMBLED in America. Honda has a more American made bike with it's CBR line than Harley does.

They sell boxed Patriotism, and a pre-packaged image. They lie out there asses and won't publish a single spec of useful info, because there isn't any. if anyone actually sat down and looked at any other bike alongside the precious Harley they'd quickly see how big of a piece of shit it really is.

want some real proof, go ask any motorcycle police officer who has to ride a Harley how much he loves it, how reliable it is, and how well it corners and stops, not to mention how incredibly powerful it is!

The only thing Harleys are is NOISY.

I don't own a Harley, and I never will. But I'm not going to make fun of someone for owning one. Nor would I make fun of anyone for owning a Triumph, Suzuki, Ducati, or anything else. It doesn't make you look like that great of a person if you'll make fun of someone's personal preference of motorcycle. No matter what brand it is, its still a motorcycle.

If I payed $150,000 dollars for a brand new Festiva, built exactly like it was in 1983, and you paid $50,000 for a brand new Ferrari, with all the super advanced tech that a thoroughbred race career instills on such a vehicle, and I told YOU to get a real car like a Festiva, would you make fun of me?

If I payed $150,000 dollars for a brand new Festiva, built exactly like it was in 1983, and you paid $50,000 for a brand new Ferrari, with all the super advanced tech that a thoroughbred race career instills on such a vehicle, and I told YOU to get a real car like a Festiva, would you make fun of me?

Who on here told you to get a real bike?