1996 Suzuki Katana 600

Beegreenstrings

I have for sale a 1996 Suzuki Katana 600. Bought it from a fellow employee a year and half ago. Had some issues. Tires were shot, speedo was not working properly. Headlight and switch were on high beam only.

Paint was some mirage something or other...

This bike now has New tires front and back. New Clutches. New Clutch cable. New mirrors. Tinted windscreen. New headlight bulb and a newer switch. Speed-o was replaced. Reading 26K, believed to be more like 17K at the time.

I ride the bike back and forth to work when weather permits.

Bike is in a primer white. I started to paint it, but kept having issues with the plastic on the rear right side cracking through the primer? Never have figured it out. I have a pint of Gixxer blue with all the reducers to go with the bike. Paint alone was $125.00 w/my discount.

Any questions please ask.

thank-you

*new sealed battery in the spring. Bike got new spark plugs in the spring before I started riding it. The fuel petcock was rebuilt in july when the tires were replaced. Clutch work was done in late August. It has a erratic idle to it. I have tried my best to correct it with the adjuster. Sometimes it idles fine, sometimes it idles high (+1000RPM's), then sometimes it idles low. The only other thing I could possible tell you about the bike, in the midst of servicing the bike I found it already had a K&N filter in it.

Edited by Beegreenstrings
additional info

Obviously I am missing a part of this question... Something about Coshocton not good huh?

LOL kinda an inside joke.. Anytime there is a group ride through coshocton, and a katana attends the trip, it usually doesn't come out alive.. There was as series of like 3 rides in a row where a katana went down.

• 2 months later...