Gunsmith Needed (Columbus)

JBWalker

gunsmith needed to repair grandfather's 32 cal. revolver. TIA..

What type of work and what age and model revolver? You say repair but can you be more specific. Also, are you looking for an actual gunsmith or a repair shop? There is a difference. Any pictures of said revolver and its problems?

Could be something simple as a broken spring or cylinder stop.

Check here if you fee like giving it a whirl if your comfortable.

http://www.gun-parts.com/harringtonrichardson/

Other then that, check vances or gander as they could probably at least identify the issue and point you in the right direction to order parts.

If you want an actual gunsmith to do the work, for that type of work and pistol age, you can call Gerald at Custom Blue out near Coshocton but it wont be cheap and it could take at least a month.

There is a onsite gun smith at Gander. Not sure if vances still has one or not. If they operate the way Buckeye does, then no they do not have one.

It could be two possible items. There is a cylinder stop that should come up off the bottom of the frame toward the cylinder. Or could be a bad rotor cog in the back of the rotor area underneath of the firing pin.

You should be able to remove the cylinder from the revolver. At that point cock the hammer and look at those two locations on the frame in the cylinder. You should see a little hump sticking up at the bottom of the rotor area and should see a pin sticking out in the back. If either of these are missing that is your culprit. The one in the back is a little hairy to replace the one on the bottom is somewhat simple.

Again, if you dont know what you are doing take it to gander. If it is the one in the back there is a point that it is under tension and if something gives while tearing it apart pieces will fly everywhere.

just my 2 pennies

My dad could probably Obama-Engineer it for you. :D

I could most likely do it for you... If the parts were still available. The 1100 I just did for a race gun was springs and bolts in a duffel bag when I got it. I am like Jimmy Noutron with guns... The brain just has a nack for them.