Asking A Favor From Ohio Riders.

chevysoldier

When filling out your Christmas cards this year, take one card and send it to an American Soldier.All cards must be postmarked no later than Friday, December 10th.

Red Cross "Holiday Mail for Heroes"

Read the guidelines

Holiday Mail for Heroes

PO Box 5456

Capitol Heights, MD

20791-5456

holidaymailforheroes.jpg

You can also go to http://www.letssaythanks.com/Home1280.html to send a free card overseas.

To send a phone card or a care package, please visit https://american.redcross.org/site/Ecommerce?FOLDER=1273&store_id=7945 for more information.

When I was in Iraq it was always awesome to get a card or a care package from a complete stranger. It really helped to get us through the deployment. Just knowing that someone took time out to say "thank you, we appreciate what you do for us" made what we were doing not so tough. I urge you to do this for our troops. They have given so much and ask for so little in return. I guarantee doing something small like this will have a tremendous impact on that trooper.

Edited by chevysoldier
More Info
  • Upvote 1

Good catch. I highly recommend the American Red Cross, for services to military personnel.

All cards must be postmarked no later than Friday, December 10th.

Red Cross "Holiday Mail for Heroes"

Read the guidelines

Holiday Mail for Heroes

PO Box 5456

Capitol Heights, MD

20791-5456

holidaymailforheroes.jpg

Do...

• Include your heartfelt sentiments and sign all cards
  • Entitle cards with generic terms such as “Dear Service Member, Family or Veteran”
  • Limit cards to 15 per person or 50 for school class or business group
  • Bundle groups of cards in single, large envelopes

Don’t...

• Send letters, care packages or monetary gifts
  • Include personal information such as home or email addresses
  • Use glitter – excessive amounts can aggravate health issues of wounded recipients
  • Include inserts of any kind as they must be removed in the screening process

Edited by ReconRat

This also, American Red Cross donations to military:

Help Our Troops

A secure website that allows donations to the troops for various purposes.

Your donations are 100% tax deductable. The American Red Cross is a tax-exempt organization under section 501 © (3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The federal tax identification number is 53-0196605.

American Red Cross FAQ

This also, American Red Cross donations to military:

Help Our Troops

A secure website that allows donations to the troops for various purposes.

Your donations are 100% tax deductable. The American Red Cross is a tax-exempt organization under section 501 © (3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The federal tax identification number is 53-0196605.

American Red Cross FAQ

Lol, I had just added that page and when I refreshed I saw you added it too.

Those of you in the Columbus area can also go to the Polaris Mall. There was a table in the center of the second floor with Red Cross (I think it was) folks doing packages and cards for the troops. 10 bucks got ya a care package and a card. you could pick your soldier from a list and self address an envelope if you wanted to hear back. We bought a couple a piece there on Saturday.

just to verify and to bump!

So the address "recon" threw up is the one we need to use?

Holiday Mail for Heroes

PO Box 5456

Capitol Heights, MD

20791-5456

Yes, that is the one to use.

Those of you in the Columbus area can also go to the Polaris Mall. There was a table in the center of the second floor with Red Cross (I think it was) folks doing packages and cards for the troops. 10 bucks got ya a care package and a card. you could pick your soldier from a list and self address an envelope if you wanted to hear back. We bought a couple a piece there on Saturday.

:cheers: