1987 Honda Hurricane - $2000 obo

Disclaimer

I've copied the verbiage over from my Craigslist ad. Nothing wrong with the bike, just don't really have the space anymore. Luckily I've convinced my g/f to put her bike in the shed while I still keep the 'cane in my regular garage, but I don't know how long that'll last

1987 Honda Hurricane CBR1000F

1987 Honda Hurricane (CBR1000F)1987 Honda Hurricane CBR1000F http://powersports.honda.com/the_story/heritage/heritage_milestone.asp?Decade=1980&TargetUrl=Milestone/Milestone_Model_0113.asp&PrevPageTitle=Milestone+Archive

*Approximately 15,000 original miles (the dash was replaced at approximately 10k miles, with one from eBay that had 26k on it, and it currently shows over 30k -- have receipt and old dash to verify)

*Mechanically sound, oil changes every 3000 miles with full synthetic, Yoshi pipes. Will run 11.82 @ 120 mph in the 1/4 mile with 200# rider.

*Body is ok, fairings have been scraped (previous owner had dropped it a few times), but some parts have been replaced (eBay again).

I wouldn't say this is a great starter bike, because it's pretty quick yet it's extremely heavy for a sportbike, but it was my first bike. I'm selling it because I've upgraded.

KBB Retail is $2175, KBB Trade In is $1455. I would like to get $2000 out of it. You won't find a faster 1000cc bike for $2000. I'm only selling because I don't have the space for 3 crotch rockets in my garage. I would love to keep this bike, as it was my first bike.

I'm in Elyria -- 419.571.3167 for questions or to look at it. No joyrides. I've since winterized the bike (battery out, stabil in the tank, placed on centerstand).

• 2 weeks later...

I know where that is, we deliver to the mcD's there. I live on 82 in strongsville. I hear you there, to me though they aint no diffrent then target or any of them. Wal mart is just so huge and takes away so much business from the little guys its hard for people to survive when they move in plus they don not pay their people for crap.

• 3 weeks later...

Bump for a nice bike as i have one myself :) Any other mods besides the pipe ? I have been curious what one would run @ the track .... If i had the $ i would get it just to have another one! :) good luck on the sale.

Jeremy

Cool man. :cheers: Thanks for the good wishes. Glad to see another Hurricane rider before they pussied out and started calling them CBR1000s. That is one of the nice features of these 20yr old machines... you don't see others around. Definitely unique. I'd keep it too if I didn't need the space for the g/fs bike and my 'Busa.

No mods other than the pipes and gradually replacing panels off eBay (basically everything I've said in the ad).

$1900, anyone? Plus I'll shovel the 14" of snow off my driveway so you can pick it up :eek::D

Well, as much as I hate to do it, this bike has to go. I'm dropping the price another $150 -- current price: $1850. You aren't going to find a faster bike for less than $2k.

Also, will now consider trade + cash for a fuel injected track bike that will pass WERA tech (e.g. 2003 or newer SV650, fully wired).

If there are any takers, let me know. Thanks! :)

Here's the link to the full ad on Craigslist: http://cleveland.craigslist.org/mcy/608528974.html

• 3 years later...
This thread can be locked too. I sold this bike over 2 years ago.

Thanx... This was getting a lot of traffic & suckin' up all the bandwidth

Tryin' to keep that Zombie award, are we??