My new track toy!

Dubguy85

Well, I just sold my Hyper and my track bike, and probably done on the street, but got a new track toy...

2009 Kawasaki zx6r

Fully Built motor by 35 motorsports

Ohlins Rear shock set up by 35 motorsports

Ohlins Fork Cartridges set up by 35 motorsports

Ohlins Damper

Bazazz with Traction control and quick shifter

SS brake lines front and rear

CRG Levers

Woodcraft case covers

Rearsets

Clip ons

Motion Pro Revolver throttle

And much more... I'll still be slow, but I'll look good in the pits :D

Full Akroprovic Exhaust

racebike-1.jpg

racebike2.jpg

Why didn't you just wait till you have the bike in your garage to take pics of it? Weirdo:rolleyes:

I call dibs on a ride around ur lil complex since you guys got to ride my ducati when I got it haha

And you won't be slow, you'll be supa fast

Now your making me want to post of pics of my new track toy as well

Why didn't you just wait till you have the bike in your garage to take pics of it? Weirdo:rolleyes:

I call dibs on a ride around ur lil complex since you guys got to ride my ducati when I got it haha

And you won't be slow, you'll be supa fast

I can't wait that long.. Reuben said my rear spring hasn't came in yet, so I won't have it in my garage for like a week :(

Maybe you should paint it yellow and add some more stickers. Yellow adds about 25hp+ at the wheels and I hear a Sunocco decal alone is 5hp+.

Looks good man, congrats. I wish I could unload the RC and just get a track bike too, cuz I'd love to get off the street. But then again, I got it, might as well ride the shit out of it. Just promise not to lap me next season when I find whatever my intro tracker will be.

It may be the beer typing, but it looks like any other track bike. The track is fun, but to only do it would be torture to me. Riding in circles on the same pavement bores me after while. To each their own though. Kawi's are the only bikes. :D I think I'll change the title under my screen name now.

Edited by NinjaNick

It may be the beer typing, but it looks like any other track bike. The track is fun, but to only do it would be torture to me. Riding in circles on the same pavement bores me after while. To each their own though. Kawi's are the only bikes. :D I think I'll change the title under my screen name now.

That's like saying every Busa is the same or ZX14s are all the same. The bike he has is a proper AMA caliber race bike set up by a guy that was courted by Yosh as one of their race techs. It's legit and after riding it, you'd know the difference right away.

Riding around in circles is because you are doing it wrong. The same track and doing it right results in satisfaction you cannot get from the street.

:slap: PSHH.. I didn't get one.. The pic is still in the garage of the person I bought it from!! :p

like most internet peeps, the WERA boys are probably all bark and no bite, but there are some STRONG feelings about trackday guys running white plates "without earning them."

I'm not saying you should change them, but if you're not aware (and I've encountered MANY people who aren't), some people will label you a poser for running white plates.

like most internet peeps, the WERA boys are probably all bark and no bite, but there are some STRONG feelings about trackday guys running white plates "without earning them."

I'm not saying you should change them, but if you're not aware (and I've encountered MANY people who aren't), some people will label you a poser for running white plates.

Clearly we haven't met before.. I'm the biggest poser you'll ever meet! :D

But seriously.

1. I could care less about what wera says.

2. The bike is being worked on by 35 motorsports at the moment so I haven't had a chance to even touch the thing in person so removing anything hasn't been an option.

3. I earned those white plates by buying the bike :p

4. I have so much stuff that is way better than I am on the track, but it makes me happy so its all good. I'm not going to pay to rip off numbers, and then get the right ones put on.. I'm a track day guy, I could care less.

5. STT brian could take a stock Ninja 250 on any track, and me on this bike and he would beat me by a HUGE margin.. I'm not sure the wera guys are worried about me. I just enjoy hangin out at the track with my dad and buddies. ;)

well congrats on your purchase. Any time you can spend money and still be happy about it is a good buy.

5. STT brian could take a stock Ninja 250 on any track, and me on this bike and he would beat me by a HUGE margin..

I hope you're beating yourself up just a LITTLE there. I know Brian's plenty fast, but unless you're at Summit JC, or on some kind of karting track, I'd hope that's not true.

well congrats on your purchase. Any time you can spend money and still be happy about it is a good buy.

I hope you're beating yourself up just a LITTLE there. I know Brian's plenty fast, but unless you're at Summit JC, or on some kind of karting track, I'd hope that's not true.

LOL, Its never been attempted but I'm sure it would be close.. I know on an sv650 he'd kill me.. I've never ridden a ninja 250, but I'm sure brian could ride the wizz out of it..

I'm not fast man.. I'm running like 21's at Putnam.. Hopefully getting into the teens this year...

A buddy of mine is running 17's at putnam on a 2001 sv650 and am sure brian is faster than he is, so that makes me think it could happen..

STT thank you for the post on "riding in circles"... It isn't exactly Nascrap so I wouldn't go out to say it is anything like a circle. More technical and faster than any street riding out there. Not to mention I feel 100 times safer.

Ok, riding in circles with turns in between the repeated loop. Better? :p

Faster than street, yes, more technical, no way. The street is way more technical. You got way more variables like road condition, f'd up turns, vermin, etc.., instead of a perfect surface on a closed course which makes it less technical. The track IS safer and faster when doing corners, yes.

I made my post because its a shame that some people are afraid of street riding and give it up. Street riding is a blast if done on the right roads. I've been on the track before as well and had a blast, but not street riding would never cross my mind. I'd say probably 90% or more of all motorcyclists are street riders. It's just an opinion of mine, that is all.;)

Edited by NinjaNick

your definition of "technical" sounds like my definition of "unnecessarily dangerous."

I'm not going to tell anyone that street riding isn't fun, but having to account for unpredictable road conditions means you're either taking large risks, or backing off to a degree.

That's not to say that you can ride at 100% on the track; you still have to leave room for error, but the potential for such an error is much lower.

I'd sell my street bike and go track-only in a heartbeat if i got a decent offer for hte street bike.

NN, not hating just making sure it was the same page. Your post makes sense trust me, I've ridden plenty of roads in Hocking etc. and agree it is all in the eye of the beholder. Techincal to some is change in pavement conditions i.e. gravel, to some it is offset chamber in the middle of a turn like the keyhole at Mid O. Just depends on the rider. I wasn't trying to hate, just wanted to make sure it was clear.

Either way like you said, bike is BA for sure.