Tips to buy a HONDA CBR

varma917989

Hi Guys

this varma new to db and New to Ohio.

I'm trying to buy a honda cbr1000

could you please give me some tips :confused::confused: in buying it.

Actually this one will be my fist Motorcycle :):).

Thank you for your help

Your first motorcycle is a CBR 1000 ?!!!!

Is it the first motorcycle or a death wish ?

I won't give you anyhints on buy a bike that will probably kill u ....

I'd say start with a 250 or a ninja, katana 600 , a cbr 1000 isn't a beginner's Bike

The USA is one of the few countries that will let a beginner buy anything. Your insurance company will have a different opinion. You might want to ask about what those insurance rates will be, for various types of bikes, before you go bike hunting.

First street bike I bought (had about 6 months of riding on the street on a Buell)... I'd been riding 200cc dirtbikes for about a decade before I took to the street.

Hell, my ol' man even helped me find the bike and pick it up with me. I bought it before I even bought my first car.

How long as the OP been riding his 250?

First street bike I bought (had about 6 months of riding on the street on a Buell)... I'd been riding 200cc dirtbikes for about a decade before I took to the street.

Hell, my ol' man even helped me find the bike and pick it up with me. I bought it before I even bought my first car.

I've been riding it for 5 years

I wouldn't criticize that decision with as much experience on and around bikes as you've had. I wouldn't recommend a liter-bike to someone new to riding. If this guy is saying that he has extensive experience on the smaller bike in India, then have at it. I don't have a 1000, but I'm not askeeered of them either.

Progressive.com for insurance quote

Registration will be approx $60, but it depends on if you have a permit to operate a motorcycle, or have a full endorsement. Permit first, then endorsement, which is an 'on the bike' maneuvering test given by the state. You have to schedule that.

...I'm trying to buy a honda cbr1000...Actually this one will be my first Motorcycle .
I had a HERO HONDA 250cc bike in INDIA
I've been riding it from last 5+ years

Sounds like you'll be fine since this won't actually be your first bike like you originally said.

Oh and welcome to the forum!

And could you guys help me with insurance too.

How much it may cost?

Insurance varies tremendously based on your age, type of bike (in this case, a very expensive one to insure) driving/riding record, level of coverage, where you live, where the bike is garaged, and other details, sort of in that order of importance. Get multiple quotes. You can get quotes online from places like Progressive and GEICO, or through an independent agent. You definitely need to make some comparisons, because prices vary and it's going to be expensive. Make sure you can afford the insurance BEFORE you buy a CBR1000. To give you an idea, I have one bike fully insured for less than $200/year. If I had the same level of coverage on my sportbike, it would cost me nearly $800/year. I'm the same person. It's the bike that's different. And both of those are less expensive than a CBR1000 will be. Good luck.

And yes, you have several years of riding experience, but a modern literbike demands respect. Be smart.

And welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum, What tips are you looking for exactly besides insurance questions ? Do you want to know what a good model year to buy? What type of accessories do you want? Do you want tips on gear?

Lat Q what does "db" mean?