negotiating space in the garage

socaln8tv

my strategy is financial. all my vehicles are paid off and i dont want another car payment (for now anyways - although i have list of what i want when the time comes :D ) The weather just hammers my truck and I dont have another 40 to 50G to buy me a new SUV right now. im hoping that the garage parking will at to its longevity. not terribly wrong :o ??

40 to 50k for a car? Woman, are you touched? :wtf:

my strategy is financial. all my vehicles are paid off and i dont want another car payment (for now anyways - although i have list of what i want when the time comes :D ) The weather just hammers my truck and I dont have another 40 to 50G to buy me a new SUV right now. im hoping that the garage parking will at to its longevity. not terribly wrong :o ??

the "U" in SUV stands for Utility. It won't melt or dissolve if you leave it parked outside. Many older and high mileage vehicles happily live out their lives in the snow belt while being left outside in the elements.

If the shitty smog didn't rot your SUV, the pure Ohio snow filled air surely won't. The wife's SUV spent 2 years in CA, 5 in PA 2 in OH, and now back in CA. No worse for the wear. Now if your $50k SUV can't hack the snow, then you overpaid by about $45k:D

I have a nice 2.5 car detatched garage and a 16x40 barn, that I am slowly turning into a workshop.

The issue so far has been my stuff. at the current time. My fiances Jeep is in the garage along with my two dirt bikes and three street bikes. Talks have been something had to go... Which is fine I do want to sell the Katana. However the bad side to that is to replace it with a RC51 or a VFR. which technically fixes nothing.

My 91 f150 is a project in the Barn. So with all the spare parts stacked in there it shoots the barn. :nono:

I have stated that I am going to extend the garage another 20 feet. She would rather an addition on the house. Its a give and take at my place and I dont want to give :D

I think when the F150 is out of the Barn and I finish the work inside that I want to do it will fix a lot of our issues. The jeep and bikes will head to the barn and the garage will be open again.:bow:

(everyone asks, you have a 2.5 car garage and only have a jeep and 5 bikes. Where is all the room at. i have all my reloading stuff sit up in there plus we are both sponsored archers, so all of that crap is in there along with my work bench and bow press and string jigs and stretchers... TOO MUCH CRAP!!!

Then my toolbox and all my power tools.... There is no room left in there)(if it was heated and had cable and a big screen I would rather call it my man cave).

Edited by Beegreenstrings

why would you put a trailer in the garage in the first place :rolleyes:

Unless I keep it 50 mins away at my work, I have no other place to put it. I'm cheap and live in a row townhouse and would rather spend my money on toys than a house and all the taxes and expenses that come with it

Unless I keep it 50 mins away at my work, I have no other place to put it. I'm cheap and live in a row townhouse and would rather spend my money on toys than a house and all the taxes and expenses that come with it

yeah me to but there is none in my area worth buying. :D

That and I like to shoot my guns at will (I should say freely, will doesn't think its funny anymore! :lol:)

the "U" in SUV stands for Utility. It won't melt or dissolve if you leave it parked outside. Many older and high mileage vehicles happily live out their lives in the snow belt while being left outside in the elements.

If the shitty smog didn't rot your SUV, the pure Ohio snow filled air surely won't. The wife's SUV spent 2 years in CA, 5 in PA 2 in OH, and now back in CA. No worse for the wear. Now if your $50k SUV can't hack the snow, then you overpaid by about $45k:D

..... Except in CA rust was never an issue and it has become one since we moved here. Plus car maintenance in Ohio -- since we do it all ourselves-- is a pain the ass and we are forced to step up our efforts in new and ingenous ways.... It took more than anti-sieze to get my rotors off the truck last month, actually it took an act of god. Other than that thou -- the cold just makes me grouchy. I might be more agreeable in April!!!

I have a nice 2.5 car detatched garage and a 16x40 barn, that I am slowly turning into a workshop.

The issue so far has been my stuff. at the current time. My fiances Jeep is in the garage along with my two dirt bikes and three street bikes. Talks have been something had to go... Which is fine I do want to sell the Katana. However the bad side to that is to replace it with a RC51 or a VFR. which technically fixes nothing.

My 91 f150 is a project in the Barn. So with all the spare parts stacked in there it shoots the barn. :nono:

I have stated that I am going to extend the garage another 20 feet. She would rather an addition on the house. Its a give and take at my place and I dont want to give :D

I think when the F150 is out of the Barn and I finish the work inside that I want to do it will fix a lot of our issues. The jeep and bikes will head to the barn and the garage will be open again.:bow:

(everyone asks, you have a 2.5 car garage and only have a jeep and 5 bikes. Where is all the room at. i have all my reloading stuff sit up in there plus we are both sponsored archers, so all of that crap is in there along with my work bench and bow press and string jigs and stretchers... TOO MUCH CRAP!!!

Then my toolbox and all my power tools.... There is no room left in there)(if it was heated and had cable and a big screen I would rather call it my man cave).

affirmation that I am not the only one having to negotiate space with their better half offers some solace. everyone has offered some interesting suggestions on how they are dealing with it. how far out is the 150 from done?

why would you put a trailer in the garage in the first place :rolleyes:

my neighborhood has an association. items like trailers must be parked inside the garage, so we would park our dirtbikes on them with tie-downs. since we use it on the weekends enough, paying a fee to store it didnt make sense. so we dealt with it. I think we are selling it now though. it will be missed, but not the space it took up.

I'm blessed right now to have just bought a house with a 3 car garage. Both cars in the garage and the 3rd section is the man cave/MC home. Also have a shed for the lawn equipment and other big items like ladders, shovels, wheelbarrow, etc. Really don't see how I'd ever be able to downsize the garage qty in the future.

Previously, we had a 2 car. Wife's in the garage, mine outside. Second spot for the tools and bike. It was never a debate for us because either I let her park or I was out

scrapping and warming up the car. Some may say I'm whipped, but the way I see it, it's my hobby/passion, not hers that causes this problem.

...Happy Wife means Happy Life

how far out is the 150 from done?

A little ways! :D Is anything ever really done (not at my house). :nono:

The new hood is on and the new fender and doors are on (doors are not completely wired up yet. 91's did not have power mirrors so I am still playing and blowing fuses.

Bed is off, new bed is ready to go on, but I am still scrapping and painting the frame and prepping for new fuel tanks and pumps. I am not expecting perfection since its a 91 lariat, but I dont want to tear it down again in 6 months for something I should have done.

Might go ahead and do the lift now since it will be easier to work on with the bed off. Nothing crazy, 3-4 inches and 33's. The front end will get all the attention! Or I should say the front bumper. 3/16" plate steel main frame with 1/8" plating. WARN winch with a 12" stand-off from the grill. Bully bar weld in with gussets and HILA lights. :D

just replaced everything under the front end. ball joints tie rods and all assem. Might have to find a beefier suspension system. Possibly go to a twin shock set-up to hold the bumper, it is HEAVY! I want to do the axles while I am at it. I have 3.73's now and want 4.10's.

After that is all done, paint in the spring (got a cool theme that the shop owner next door and I have been working on, paint to look like one of the old B52 bombers, airbrush the rivets into the panel seems and do the pin up girl on the front fender(he practically gave me the paint, US Battleship Grey Metallic for 28/gallon, it is cheap Limco paint but should still look good on a old pick-up) and she will be done. Other than minor stuff like window tint and add on's, steps and trim moldings.

The other one is my baby! 1993 F150 mark III extended cab stepside. It will get a lift in the suspension as soon as I find the time and room to do it. Maybe paint next year.

Edited by Beegreenstrings

Single-car garage. I park the 4x8 trailer behind the garage' date=' the 5x10 enclosed trailer beside the garage, the street bikes, scooters and dirt bikes inside the garage and the Subarus outside. My car has a block heater, so it ain't too terrible in the winter. That, and the "toasty-buns" button on the center console.[/quote']

im going to ask this despite appearing dense. i know what a toasty buns heater is :) but -- i dont know what a block heater is.:confused: