osu football

Hutch

The "Tattoo Scandal"... aka "Ink for Ink" :rolleyes:

http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2010/12/22/ohio-state-may-be-without-terrelle-pryor-and-others-because-of-alleged-free-tattoos/

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5giu6wzBN1YRFG3jgwWT8kNlchjug?docId=8cc9d676f9c0413383ad5340fc932cf3

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=17300&ATCLID=205058857

The NCAA said it did not suspended the players for Jan. 4 Sugar Bowl against No. 8 Arkansas because the "student-athletes did not receive adequate rules education during the time period the violations occurred."

Yeah right... More like the NCAA doesn't want to chance losing precious TV ratings & revenue from one of their highest profile events

2009_new_ink-195x300.jpg

Edited by Fonzie

freakin retards. why is it so hard for ppl to just follow the damn rules for 4 years then go pro and make your big money. you could more ink than lil wayne if you wanted.

although, im pretty sure OSU will be fine.

1. posey will probably go pro anyway

2. if not, we are stacked at TB anyway

3. first 5 games: akron, toledo, miami fl,colorado and mich state. mich state is prob the only team that will give us any trouble

4. BRAXTON MILLER!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I don't think this isn't even part of that yet. This is because they sold their Big 10 Championship rings and other awards.

http://www2.nbc4i.com/sports/2010/dec/23/13/osu-players-pryor-sit-out-5-games-2011-ar-336163/

My post on Facebook: "Cam Newton didn't know his dad was whoring him out for $180k, so he gets away clean. No NCAA violations found. Now OSU players, including Pryor, sell their championship rings and other awards they've worked for, and they get suspended for five games. Yeah, that makes sense."

I don't think this isn't even part of that yet. This is because they sold their Big 10 Championship rings and other awards.

http://www2.nbc4i.com/sports/2010/dec/23/13/osu-players-pryor-sit-out-5-games-2011-ar-336163/

My post on Facebook: "Cam Newton didn't know his dad was whoring him out for $180k, so he gets away clean. No NCAA violations found. Now OSU players, including Pryor, sell their championship rings and other awards they've worked for, and they get suspended for five games. Yeah, that makes sense."

This is from the bottom of that AP article...

Ohio State has been investigating allegations that several football players traded autographs for tattoos. Rumors first surfaced last Saturday. Athletic department officials, including Smith and Ohio State's compliance director had refrained from addressing the allegations.

And don't even get me started on the whole Cam Newton deal! :nono:

Mark my words... All the idiots who voted him for the Heisman will be ruing that award in the near future, when they're revisiting the Reggie Bush debacle that they obviously didn't learn a damn thing from this past summer... Morons

His interview on ESPN a few weeks ago told me all I needed to know. When asked about whether he knew what his dad had been up to on his behalf... He kept squinting, suckin' in his lips, & lookin' off to the side while answering the direct question. All telltale signs of someone lying

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVv3Ufu8vjSY2d-rwXJGckRz7yEQsdtyQUppc5XWPKrt-Bh3XPlgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRRmy_-jPB3QD6QfVkS_JB_zS9o09e_PBOJCswv1PtXzUGmuP2A

Edited by Fonzie

geez why the heck would you sell your championship ring or your gold pants? thats something you should hang on to for the rest of your life.

when you have multiple of each, I think they'd rather be greedy and have the money

i think OSU has suspended the players, not the NCAA though. but the NCAA could add more

Personally I think it's stupid. If they won the award, then it's theirs. They should be able to do with it as they please!

As for the tattoos, they traded one service for another. So what!?! For years, women have traded sex with these athletes, for jerseys, signatures, and more. Hell some keep doing it, till they make the pro's and then hook them into marriage, without a prenup!

Personally I think it's stupid. If they won the award, then it's theirs. They should be able to do with it as they please!

As for the tattoos, they traded one service for another. So what!?! For years, women have traded sex with these athletes, for jerseys, signatures, and more. Hell some keep doing it, till they make the pro's and then hook them into marriage, without a prenup!

Better yet, pay the guys their fair share of the revenue. The Big T(12)en will take in between $200 and $250 million this year and these guys get suspended for selling some charms and autographs?

This situation is brought on by NCAA/BCS/conference monopoly powers that, coupled with NFL collective bargaining, result in slave wages for these athletes.

Sorry but let's be honest here.... ALL of these football "players" thugs, are crooked. Its just like the politicians in the world. Same stuff another day. They all take money, gifts, etc. Come on..

And yes, screw Cam Newton, screw the heisman, it is so tarnished anymore it is basically pointless.

Better yet, pay the guys their fair share of the revenue. The Big T(12)en will take in between $200 and $250 million this year and these guys get suspended for selling some charms and autographs?

This situation is brought on by NCAA/BCS/conference monopoly powers that, coupled with NFL collective bargaining, result in slave wages for these athletes.

I agree 100%

How many billions in revenue does breakthroughs from research bring in?I guess all of those students and reaserchers should get their share

How many billions in revenue does breakthroughs from research bring in?I guess all of those students and reaserchers should get their share

Dunno. But there sure as hell isn't an NCAA or a Player's Union standing in their way if they want to take their skill to market. Right?

Slave Wages???? If those are slaves wages what the hell am I making. I love watching football as much as the next guy but the money these bitches make is ridicules. Half of them are too stupid to manage their money and end up poor broke bastards begging for loose change on the side of the road. I refuse to go to a professional game of any sort, due to the price of admission. There are a few players that still respect the game, and play for the love of it, but the majority are there for the money.

blah, what really pisses me off is the OSU fans.... "Let it be it was a fair trade, Ink for Ink" Bullshit, if it was Michigan they'd be screaming "burn them at the stake". Terrel Pryor is a bitch, I hope he decides to go pro next year and gets jacked in the first game and never plays again.

I need to go shoot something......

• Upvote 1

Slave Wages???? If those are slaves wages what the hell am I making. I love watching football as much as the next guy but the money these bitches make is ridicules. Half of them are too stupid to manage their money and end up poor broke bastards begging for loose change on the side of the road. I refuse to go to a professional game of any sort, due to the price of admission. There are a few players that still respect the game, and play for the love of it, but the majority are there for the money.

blah, what really pisses me off is the OSU fans.... "Let it be it was a fair trade, Ink for Ink" Bullshit, if it was Michigan they'd be screaming "burn them at the stake". Terrel Pryor is a bitch, I hope he decides to go pro next year and gets jacked in the first game and never plays again.

I need to go shoot something......

Look at it this way - the gate at OSU is something like $6 million +. That's just THE GATE! Not concessions, merch., media, etc.

How much of that do the players get? Yeah, some will make millions in the pros some day, some will do okay. Others could have done that but blew out a knee or finished with 6 concussions. Still other players played, never went pro - but got an education and will treasure the memories forever.

Look, I grew up here and I'm and OSU grad and I root for the Buckeyes. I love the place - but it's changed a lot. The college game has too. College athletics is mostly a business - still with some good people involved, just like any other business. Let's not pretend that these are just little amateur contests among some college kids. This is a more or less unpaid minor league for the NFL with some nice traditions and aesthetics thrown in. The players aren't here for their academic prowess or their saintly character. They're here to play.

The only thing standing in their way is an age limit. There is an age limit to renting a car.

Renting a car? You lost me. If you're saying these guys aren't ready to play pro football at 18, you're absolutely right. Almost none of 'em are ready at that age.

However, your original point was that the researchers and student assistants at universities are getting pimped like the football players are. That's not on point. Bill Gates left Harvard very young (19 I think) to start Microsoft. There is no age limit for free enterprise risk-taking.