Tool Swap

Casper

Okay, I'm missing a few things and have a few extras. If you have extras of what I'm missing and are interested in trading for my extras, let me know. I'm only interested in Craftsman stuff.

What I'm missing:

3/8" deepwell sockets - 6mm, 7mm, 8mm, 9mm, 11mm, 12mm, 20mm, 1/4", 5/16", 1/2", 13/16", 7/8", 15/16", 1"

3/8" shallow sockets - 15/16", 1"

wrenches - 10mm, 13mm, 1/4", 1/2", 5/8"

What I have extra:

wrenches (Craftsman) - 8mm, 9mm, 11mm, 12mm(3), 15mm, 17mm, 18mm, 5/16", 7/16"(2)

two Craftsman toolboxes, tons of screwdrivers, allen wrenches, misc non-Craftsman wrenches, etc

You work on alot of picnic tables? What else do you use standard for these days?
Mustangs, my Ranger, etc...
The damn open/boxed end wrenches are the most uncomfortable wrenches to use since they have that sharp edge where the name and size are stamped.
Never had that problem.
I just looked in my box and don't have anything your missing. I'll have to check at the house tonight. The sockets you need, are they 6 or 12 point?
Don't really care at this point.

Mustangs, my Ranger, etc...

do you have special edition ford products? every ford ive ever owned used metric... mustang, harley f150, f250, probe, '94 f150....i dont think ive ever in my life used standard sockets for anything automotive related...unless i lost my metric socket and had to find a standard that was "good enough" to work

only thing i use standards for is to smash onto rounded out bolts so i can force them off and not ruin my metrics lol

do you have special edition ford products? every ford ive ever owned used metric... mustang, harley f150, f250, probe, '94 f150....i dont think ive ever in my life used standard sockets for anything automotive related...unless i lost my metric socket and had to find a standard that was "good enough" to work

only thing i use standards for is to smash onto rounded out bolts so i can force them off and not ruin my metrics lol

There were quite a few SAE fasteners on that 94 F-150! The older engines used SAE fasteners, the newer metric. Funny thing is, most manufacturers kept SAE threads on the engines, but then the accessories (alt, P/S pump, A/C) used metric fasteners to bolt them to the brackets that are bolted to the engines with SAE's!

You won't find many, if any SAE fasteners on that Ranger though, as Tyler points out. It is nice to know that your tool set is complete, though. When one is missing, you WILL need it for something! Murphy is alive and well in the tool world! :lol:

When one is missing, you WILL need it for something! Murphy is alive and well in the tool world! :lol:

thats why i have like 10 sets of everything lol....i have a ton of off brand cheap chinese sockets laying around...if i ever misplace or break a good socket, i have 4-5 back ups to get me by until i can replace it lol

it drives me nuts having tools missing from my good set though!!