2011 Moto Series Schedule

APCh8r

for those who have RACED with MotoSeries:

how much is the race license, and do i really have to pay $175 to take their school and learn the race line, and braking/turn-in points before I can buy it?

I've completed a WERA race school before, and a 60-second conversation about starting procedures and some of the more obscure flags (that MotoSeries probably doesn't even have at the corner stations) would be all I need to pass any written test they want to give me...

I may have to drill 2 or 3 things for wire, and throw yellow plates on my bike, but otherwise, I think i'm sold on riding almost exclusively with MotoSeries this year.

Does MotoSeries have a tire vendor, or at least someone who can mount/balance tires at the track?

I need new rubber before I can turn a wheel this year...

license is $100

I would think the WERA school would be fine but I would contact Todd about it. Make sure you let him know when you took it and that you have still been doing trackdays since then.

Yes, Todd sells pirelli and they have a dunlop rep and somewhat of a bstone, michilen, conti rep. They can all change tires for you.

for those who have RACED with MotoSeries:

how much is the race license, and do i really have to pay $175 to take their school and learn the race line, and braking/turn-in points before I can buy it?

I've completed a WERA race school before, and a 60-second conversation about starting procedures and some of the more obscure flags (that MotoSeries probably doesn't even have at the corner stations) would be all I need to pass any written test they want to give me...

I may have to drill 2 or 3 things for wire, and throw yellow plates on my bike, but otherwise, I think i'm sold on riding almost exclusively with MotoSeries this year.

Does MotoSeries have a tire vendor, or at least someone who can mount/balance tires at the track?

I need new rubber before I can turn a wheel this year...

Craig touched on a lot of it, I would contact Todd b/c if you are still provisional for WERA you might have to take it. It is only an additional $50 compared to a normal track day. Either way Todd can let you know for sure.

As far as tires, if you buy from the vendor they will mount and balance for free.

Make sure to follow the rule book as far as safety wiring and bike prep.

See you in April at the first event.

well that and you can't really race without one, and if you're planning on racing more than 10 days, you ought to get one. besides, try using a set of tires for a season and selling them for 75% of their value. actually, if you buy the transponder used, you'll probably get just about all you pay for it when you go to sell it... unless you break it or don't keep the battery maintained.

The track at beaveRun is comparable in size speed and layout to Putnam. The facilities are nicer at BeaveRun.

Beaver Run also has more elevation changes than Putnam. Putnam and Beaver Run are good tracks that have a decent width of track, challenging layouts in different ways, plenty of run off, etc. Both tracks are right hand turn dominate with a few left hand turns. Surface is good on both, I haven't ridden either in the rain but I have heard they are both pretty good.

I've ridden Putnam after a night of hard rain. Enough rain to wash off any stray fluids. The morning was clear so we rode even though the track was still wet. Traction was BAD and unpridictable, like ridding on tar strips. I suffered a lot of ass pucker. It started to sprinkle just before my last session and I sat it out. I will not ride Putnam again if it is wet.

I've talked to others in the area that are familiar the track and they Putnam in the rain is SHIT.

I've ridden Putnam after a night of hard rain. Enough rain to wash off any stray fluids. The morning was clear so we rode even though the track was still wet. Traction was BAD and unpridictable, like ridding on tar strips. I suffered a lot of ass pucker. It started to sprinkle just before my last session and I sat it out. I will not ride Putnam again if it is wet.

I've talked to others in the area that are familiar the track and they Putnam in the rain is SHIT.

I would disagree, when we went with NESBA it rained in the morning and we road in the afternoon once it started to dry up and the grip was fine.

Weird.. Putnam is one of the best in the rain I thought. I road 2ct's great in the rain.

I would disagree, when we went with NESBA it rained in the morning and we road in the afternoon once it started to dry up and the grip was fine.

+1

so coming from a complete newbie, rain tires... completely worth the ridiculous price at the track! I high sided turn 3 at Road America on BT-016 wish i would have bought rain tires

I have rain tires, but still don't ride in the rain.. Not worth it at a track day for me.