2011 Moto Series Schedule

APCh8r

More info can be found at http://www.motoseries.com/trackday_cal.htm

Copied from their website:

We expect to add a few additional weekday events, check frequently a couple of weeks prior to our dates below to see if they have been added such as the following Monday

April Nelson Ledges

Friday 15

Saturday 16

May Nelson Ledges

Friday 13

Saturday 14

May Beaverun

Pending

June Nelson Ledges

Friday 3

Saturday 4

June Beaverun

Saturday 25

July Nelson Ledges

Friday 15

Saturday 16

August Nelson Ledges

Friday 5

Saturday 6

September Beaverun

Saturday 10

October Nelson Ledges

Friday 30 (September)

Saturday 1

• Upvote 1

They are a little less professional than STT/NESBA, a little less organized, but a bunch of good people who care. Nelson is pretty laid back but Beaverun can get a bit chaotic when they fill it up, especially "Open" which becomes a big catch-all since "Instructional" is very hand-held and "Advanced" is for real racer-types.

Seems like each organization's groups are so different. I rode exclusivelt with STT last year and I did Intermediate. I was slow, but predictable and consistent in lines. Just rode my own ride and concentrated on one or two things to improve on each day. The Novice group had good instructions, but after the 3rd or 4th track day I just wanted to practice those lessons on my own so I moved to Intermediate.

NESBA seemed to have less structre in Novice with Intermediate being faster paced. I'd consider Novice with them.

I'll have to find all of you guys at my next track day. Nice to find some people to get pointers from.

Seems like each organization's groups are so different. I rode exclusivelt with STT last year and I did Intermediate. I was slow, but predictable and consistent in lines. Just rode my own ride and concentrated on one or two things to improve on each day. The Novice group had good instructions, but after the 3rd or 4th track day I just wanted to practice those lessons on my own so I moved to Intermediate.

NESBA seemed to have less structre in Novice with Intermediate being faster paced. I'd consider Novice with them.

I'll have to find all of you guys at my next track day. Nice to find some people to get pointers from.

Just get ahold of Craig or I when you head up to a Moto Series event.

what are the prices for one day and two day. I didn't see it on the web site

They should be up sometime soon once he opens the dates for registration.

For Nelson, I know last season it was like $60, sat was $120 and then races were sunday.

For Beaver I believe it was $150 for the track day on saturday, races on sunday.

quick note: $60 for nelson is the 3 hours of open track on friday evenings (from 5pm til it gets dark... around 8pm during the summer)

this is just about identical to Midohio's "max time twilight" format.

have fun, and see ya'll there. motoseries/fasttrax might not have the greatest selection of tracks (yet) but it is a nice, friendly track day org. besides, beaver is fun as fuck.

quick note: $60 for nelson is the 3 hours of open track on friday evenings (from 5pm til it gets dark... around 8pm during the summer)

this is just about identical to Midohio's "max time twilight" format.

have fun, and see ya'll there. motoseries/fasttrax might not have the greatest selection of tracks (yet) but it is a nice, friendly track day org. besides, beaver is fun as fuck.

Did that last year... What a stinkin blast! :eek:

• 4 weeks later...

Do the moto series guys have good instructors? I have been to a few trackdays already but I love having an instructor tell me what im doing wrong, I had 1 with STT that was a crack head until i moved to a dif group and he was the sh*t. Nesba instructors seemed cool but they were more focused on the "faster" guys as oppose to me who wants to get faster

Do the moto series guys have good instructors? I have been to a few trackdays already but I love having an instructor tell me what im doing wrong, I had 1 with STT that was a crack head until i moved to a dif group and he was the sh*t. Nesba instructors seemed cool but they were more focused on the "faster" guys as oppose to me who wants to get faster

Honestly, they are hit and miss. Hook up with Blue036363 or Wayne (crazy greek guy on an R1) if you go. They both have coached for STT and you'll get better feedback from them.

as with any org, you'll get good ones and bad ones.

blue0363634654573254 (craig) and apch8rerade (nick) both ride a lot with motoseries, and they'll be at just about all events, and they'll help you out lots (they help me out all the time). I happen to know they're both fantastic riders and are very knowledgeable. Wayne is a great instructor.

Edited by jbot

Watch that blue036364518461 dude. He'll want to hop on the back of your bike with you to 'show you some things' in the pits which usually equates to a good ole fashioned reach around.

Weren't you the one that was the pivot guy in the middle in the pits at Beaver ;)

I love HJs and reach arounds. Apch8R did cuddle up with me last time we camped for Putnum. But that might be because he was scared of the cops and white trash down the way.

Watch it buddy before I have to kick you in the back of the knees :D

In all serious manners, come out and try one of the days. If you need help feel free to ask any of the instructors to help, if you have any questions and want to see someone that you might be familiar with from the boards, Craig and I will be at all of the events. I am sure Jinu will be running around pestering the hell out of everyone also.