New Albany Range

Jst2fst

Okay, then where do you go to shoot if NASR is too far for you?

Farther. :D

I trust the judgement of my friends here, and in real life, and plan to not go into NASR. I still need to go down the road with Chevy to his parents to shoot sometime. It's only a couple miles for me!

Farther. :D

I trust the judgement of my friends here, and in real life, and plan to not go into NASR. I still need to go down the road with Chevy to his parents to shoot sometime. It's only a couple miles for me!

what's wrong with the backyard of the shop? :)

I have heard some good stuff about Blackwing Shooting Center in Delaware. My dad has bought some firearms there and the people are great to deal with. Again, never shot there before but I prefer to shoot on private property, for free, at my own pace.

www.blackwingsc.com

I have heard some good stuff about Blackwing Shooting Center in Delaware. My dad has bought some firearms there and the people are great to deal with. Again, never shot there before but I prefer to shoot on private property, for free, at my own pace.

www.blackwingsc.com

Thanks, Yea, I don't have the luxury to shoot on private property live within city limits.

Ive been to NASR .a few times the vid wasn't too bad.it was about 10 minutes long. I think it was about Range rules and some safety tips i think.. i don't exactly recall i was doing mystery science theater 2000 impressions most of the way thru it.:lol: The plus about NASR is you can rent firearms for fairly cheap. kimber=lust

To the OP, The issue you may have with the range is since you are a new shooter it would behoove you if someone can help you with some of basics of handling and shooting a firearm.

NASR that place IMO is too loud and to dangerous, you will see muzzle sweeps, noobs with high powered rifles tearing shit up. :nono: .

I like to shoot bullets not catch them :D

Just lots of scary shit there. I would rather shoot outside in the cold, and I hate the cold :mad:

Edited by eggs

Besides buying a membership, they have no method for determining that "you're been here X amount of times, you don't have to watch the video." On top of that, how much useful information did you manage to absorb and put into practice from videos you were forced to watch in school? I don't like being treated like a schoolkid, I like being treated like an adult. I can understand from their point of view that noobsauces like yourself can't be trusted with doing their own research, but there's a right way and a wrong way to safeguard against that.

$5.00 buys a range card so you don't have to watch the video for another year. Like many gunshops, there are know-it-alls behind the counter. Gun prices are usually 20% higher than anywhere else, but their range among isn't too bad. I shoot there often and enjoy myself. They are a bit pretentious though.

$5.00 buys a range card so you don't have to watch the video for another year. Like many gunshops, there are know-it-alls behind the counter. Gun prices are usually 20% higher than anywhere else, but their range among isn't too bad. I shoot there often and enjoy myself. They are a bit pretentious though.

So I have to spend 5 bucks to not get treated like an infant? Do I also have to spend money to not get some hard-selling asshole that is going to try and spark an argument with my girlfriend?

I'm with ya cheech. When I was there I was checking out 9mms and was asking some questions and the dbag behind the counter says "Let me put it in terms you can understand: shoes ... blah bah blah" WOW!! Yes I'm a woman, that means that I need you to talk to me in terms of shoes instead of handguns - asshat.

Not impressed.

Not a fan of New Albany...

I tried to do an FFL transfer there once.. They called me when the pistol came in, told me to come out and do the paperwork. I drove all the way from Dublin to New Albany only to find out that the only person who could do the transfer was not there...totally wasted trip. Had to go back 3 days later when he returned.

Not an apology or anything. They should have at least given me a free trip to the range.

THEN, almost a year later, I get this call that they screwed up the paperwork and that IT WAS MY RESPONSIBILITY TO DRIVE BACK OUT AND GET IT CORRECTED.

Not a fan of New Albany...

I tried to do an FFL transfer there once.. They called me when the pistol came in, told me to come out and do the paperwork. I drove all the way from Dublin to New Albany only to find out that the only person who could do the transfer was not there...totally wasted trip. Had to go back 3 days later when he returned.

Not an apology or anything. They should have at least given me a free trip to the range.

THEN, almost a year later, I get this call that they screwed up the paperwork and that IT WAS MY RESPONSIBILITY TO DRIVE BACK OUT AND GET IT CORRECTED.

That sucks, I would of told them to shove it where the sun don't shine. :nono:

So I have to spend 5 bucks to not get treated like an infant? Do I also have to spend money to not get some hard-selling asshole that is going to try and spark an argument with my girlfriend?

That costs an extra $10.:rolleyes: There's never an excuse to be a dick or talk down to a woman (sandwich-making directions excluded). If they were like that with me, my wife or my guests, I'd also tell them to get fucked and would not return. I guess I really never talk to them when I go. I have no intentions to pay $50-$100 more than I should, so I don't play at the gun counter. Gun counter warriors are some of the worst when it comes to unsolicited opinions. However, until I A) move out of the city, B) find a new indoor range within 15 minutes of my house, or C) have a bad experience, I'll keep going. The video is a pain in the ass.

I'm with ya cheech. When I was there I was checking out 9mms and was asking some questions and the dbag behind the counter says "Let me put it in terms you can understand: shoes ... blah bah blah" WOW!! Yes I'm a woman, that means that I need you to talk to me in terms of shoes instead of handguns - asshat.

Not impressed.

I think I remember you talking about this before. Sorry, but just because your a woman doesn't mean you don't know shit. I know some females that know more than all the fucktards behind that counter, combined.