Bet he won't do that again! Funniest thing ever!

SWing'R

:popcorn:

Cruising in the left lane is so much more relaxing though. The road is always clear in front of you as far as the eye can see. :rolleyes: I drive far too many highway miles to play games. Pin the cruise at +4, stay in the right lane until I need to pass and respect the big rigs.

What a load of shit. You guys do realize that the "slower traffic keep right" crap doesn't mean that you can go

as fast as you want in the left lane.

no its called courtesy. My company truck is not limited by big brother. I assume the risk for going 10-15mph over the limit if I so choose. I don't understand why people have this mentality. Guessing it is because most Americans don't understand common courtesy or have the skills to drive well. Is it really that hard to stay in the right lane out of the way of people who assume the risk of driving fast?

My drive time is WAY more efficient when I decide what speed to go, not the government. If I listened to them, it would take me 4.5hrs to get to Cinci when I easily average 3hrs and 15 mins without endangering others because I know what the hell I'm doing

/rant

In my personnal car, driving on 271 (Cleveland area) normal driving position, = right hand at 12 oclock, left hand on headlight switch flashing it to get the f out the way.

In work vehicle or travel for work, posted speed limit, maybe 2 or 3 over.

most Americans don't understand common courtesy or have the skills to drive well. /rant

that's it right there.

from the sound of it he caught you. you should of moved over to the right & let him go.

If it were me behind you, I would of been filling your drivers side mirrior with 3/4 of my grill till you moved the FUCK over.. ( I can see around you this way too ) & if you didn't move to the right lane as soon as possible I'd be passing you on the right.............

no its called courtesy. My company truck is not limited by big brother. I assume the risk for going 10-15mph over the limit if I so choose.

For the love of god already, I don't hang out in the left lane, I was only out

there for a minute or two when this all happened, good god.

Anyway. My big-brother-gps-enabled-work-van reports me if I go over 67mph for more than 5 minutes

and reports me instantly if I break the 70mph mark. Sooo, in a case like today, if you happen to get stuck behind me in the

left lane as I'm about to pass someone you can just fucking wait for me to finish my slow ass pass cause my job is more important

then whatever it is you're in such a fucking hurry to get to! :bigfinger:

For the love of god already' date=' I don't hang out in the left lane, I was only out

there for a minute or two when this all happened, good god[/quote']

i wasn't aiming it solely at you so be easy

Sooo' date=' in a case like today, if you happen to get stuck behind me in the

left lane as I'm about to pass someone you can just fucking wait for me to finish my slow ass pass[/quote']

Again this mentality pisses me off with drivers. Why cant YOU look in a god damn mirror and see there is a vehicle rapidly approaching in the left lane and you WAIT to make your slow ass pass when said faster moving vehicle has passed?

I can't tell you how many times people have done this in front of me and it blows my mind because nobody is behind me so why not wait? Are people that god damn retarded that they can't judge the speed of a vehicle through a mirror. Thats rhetorical by the way because in most cases the answer is yes

*again not strictly aimed at you, you just brought it up so this is why I'm using you as the example*

whatever it is you're in such a fucking hurry to get to! :bigfinger:

my hurry is called life and its mainly long highway drives where this shit irritates me. Which is twice a day during the week and at least 1 weekend a month

Edited by Bad324

all technicalities aside it was a prick move since you almost caused him to plow into the rear end of an innocent bystander.

Ha I win, pick someone dumber to argue with next time (wheezle or zerocrash)

I just had to :plus1: this. There are a couple additional things that had to come into play for this to happen. YOU had to be too close to the guy in front of you, or you just waited too long to change lanes. Either way, you were in danger of hitting the car that was turning. Next, I'm going to bet that if you changed lanes fast enough that this happened without the guy behind you seeing the car in front of you, it could easily be considered wreckless operation.

Just my opinion, I'm not calling you names, saying you're dumb, or anything, just think about what I said, instead of just reacting to it.

This is like arguing about whether or not you should really come to a complete stop at a stop sign

It got me 5 points off on my driving test! :D

...Are people that god damn retarded that they can't judge the speed of a vehicle through a mirror. Thats rhetorical by the way because in most cases the answer is yes...

Correct, but a large part of it is poor eyesight, not stupidity. Large numbers of drivers have poor eyesight and some combined with poor depth perception. Add in the compulsive "jump in front of another car", and it gets bad. One of my (non) favorites is cars that overtake, move to the front, and then chicken out in the fast lane. And stay right there, blocking traffic.

btw, OSHP has new SUVs out on the road. New to me...

Edited by ReconRat

...Again this mentality pisses me off with drivers. Why cant YOU look in a god damn mirror and see there is a vehicle rapidly approaching in the left lane and you WAIT to make your slow ass pass when said faster moving vehicle has passed?

The asshole wasn't there when I decided to get in the left lane. I wouldn't have gotten over if I'd seen him coming.

I spend the better part of my day driving, I do know what road courtesy is, contrary to what everyone in this thread seems to think.

...my hurry is called life and its mainly long highway drives where this shit irritates me. Which is twice a day during the week and at least 1 weekend a month

Every day. Every day I have to deal with assholes like today. People that do stupid shit, people that don't even look when merging onto the highway

or changing lanes, people that cut across three or more lanes when they realize they are about to pass their exit, I could go on but I think you understand. I'm a service tech, I spend most of my day driving where most people spend an hour or less on the road, I've been doing this for over 20years and if I take a little bit of pleasure in giving some asshole a little taste of karma then I guess that just makes me a dick in the hour-or-less commuters eyes, so be it, I don't really care.

Nothing to see here' date=' move along ;)[/quote']

I think I am the only one here supporting you. This all started because the guy behind you was tailgating you. Which is from I have heard illegal. You were doing 5mph over the posted speed limit, so I would take that as not being "parked" in the left lane. Back to :popcorn:

my general rule for driving: ill go as fast or slow as i please, as long as my driving never causes any other driver to have to apply their brakes...whether to slow down behind me, or to slow down because they dont have time to merge over in front of me, etc....as long as im not making other people slow down for me, i do whatever i want.

some days i do 60mph on the way home from work because im whooped - cruise set at 60 because i dont feel like speeding up and slowing down and speeding up etc etc etc....so i set it at 60, hop in the middle lane (since my commute, the slow lanes are all exit lanes), and i cruise...if someone wants to go faster than me, they can get in the fast lane and pass me

some days ill do 85+ in the fast lane...keep my eyes on my rearview to make sure nobody is coming up faster than i am, and ill stay there....if im doing 85 in the fast lane and i see a car approaching me from behind going faster than i am, i will merge over to the middle lane when they get close, allow them to pass, and then merge back over

its courtesy....the guy wouldnt have had to tailgate you if you had just moved over and let him by....you talk about him being in a hurry etc and that its his fault for being in a hurry...yet, you were obviously in some kind of hurry too if you were passing somebody

One of my (non) favorites is cars that overtake, move to the front, and then chicken out in the fast lane. And stay right there, blocking traffic.

btw, OSHP has new SUVs out on the road. New to me...

Another pet peeve of mine with drivers. My life would be so much easier if 75% of people stayed off the road or out of the driver seat.

They've been using SUV's the last few years but primarily were only used for stopping and checking CDL class trucks and what not in conjunction with PUCO (i think), you could tell the difference as the logo's on the vehicles were in all blue and instead of saying State Trooper it read "Motor Vehicle Safety" or something to the affect

The asshole wasn't there when I decided to get in the left lane. I wouldn't have gotten over if I'd seen him coming

this confuses me' date=' so where did he come from? By my estimation, if he was nowhere in sight then immediately on your ass when you changed lanes he either pulled out of a street and immediately hit 90mph or he was in an AMC Delorean. I'm only mildly familiar with 23 so that could be where the confusion stems

I take a little bit of pleasure in giving some asshole a little taste of karma then I guess that just makes me a dick in the hour-or-less commuters eyes, so be it, I don't really care.

I <3 the typical American attitude

How isbeing a tool a taste test for karma? And since when are you judge and jury? Maybe the fella riding your ass was trying to make it to a hospital to say goodbye to his dying wife. Congrats you made him miss his last chance. Now who has the bad karma?

• Upvote 1

Define American please.... All I hear you say is dumb Americans this, stupid American drivers that. I'm just curious on what your definition of "American" is.

anyone that lives in the United States of America

yes its a vast generalization. I realize not everyone is an asshole or the same but its just easier to say

this confuses me, so where did he come from? By my estimation, if he was nowhere in sight then immediately on your ass when you changed lanes he either pulled out of a street and immediately hit 90mph or he was in an AMC Delorean. I'm only mildly familiar with 23 so that could be where the confusion stems

Beats me. He may have been in the right lane farther behind me, but he

definitely wasn't in the left lane when I changed lanes.

How isbeing a tool a taste test for karma? And since when are you judge and jury? Maybe the fella riding your ass was trying to make it to a hospital to say goodbye to his dying wife. Congrats you made him miss his last chance. Now who has the bad karma?

I was kinda thinking the same but figured I'd leave it alone. I'd rep you but it won't let me :(

If I had a dollar for every Deputy Dumbass I run into on my 90 mile round trip commute every day I could retire. I don't own the road and neither do you. Its not your job to police the road way so politely get the hell out of my way :D

Beats me. He may have been in the right lane farther behind me' date=' but he

definitely wasn't in the left lane when I changed lanes.[/quote']

I'm not saying you're a bad driver, but you obvious weren't paying full attention. I'm pretty bad about not watching traffic coming up behind me (when I'm in a cage) so I'm guilty as well.