Bet he won't do that again! Funniest thing ever!

SWing'R

I think I am the only one here supporting you. This all started because the guy behind you was tailgating you. Which is from I have heard illegal. You were doing 5mph over the posted speed limit, so I would take that as not being "parked" in the left lane. Back to :popcorn:

Exactly, all the people jumping my shit like to ignore that simple fact. I didn't do anything wrong, legally,

even my exceeding the speed limit by 5mph was LEGAL because I was technically in the process of passing the other two cars in the right lane.

Guys don't believe me, look that one up, it IS legal to exceed the posted speed limit to overtake another vehicle.

I talked my way out of a "70+ in a 55" ticket once quoting that tidbit to a Ohio State Trooper.

I'm not saying you're a bad driver, but you obvious weren't paying full attention. I'm pretty bad about not watching traffic coming up behind me (when I'm in a cage) so I'm guilty as well.

:wtf: 23yrs on the road, two accidents, only one of which was my fault. I think two speeding tickets in that time.

It's part of what I do for a living, I'm very intune with my environment when driving. I was paying attention.

Exactly' date=' all the people jumping my shit like to ignore that simple fact. I didn't do anything wrong, legally,

even my exceeding the speed limit by 5mph was LEGAL because I was technically in the process of passing the other two cars in the right lane.

Guys don't believe me, look that one up, it IS legal to exceed the posted speed limit to overtake another vehicle.

I talked my way out of a "70+ in a 55" ticket once quoting that tidbit to a Ohio State Trooper.[/quote']

the issue at hand isn't the pass. Hell it isn't even anything I've been talking about, it just brought up things that piss me off with drivers :lol:. Everyone's definition of tailgating is different and what would piss of some wouldn't piss of others

The issue is that anyway you look at it, it was a real prick move. Nothing bad went wrong and he only had to slam brakes so ok fine no harm done. But the thing to take away from this is to most of us it seemed you unnecessarily put innocent lives at risk. Sure maybe the tailgater had it coming but think of the person he would've slammed into, that guy might die and that effects lots of family and friends. Or as said before he could've been pushed into oncoming traffic and caused a real big mess with lots of consequences. THIS is why its viewed as a prick move

The issue is that anyway you look at it, it was a real prick move. Nothing bad went wrong and he only had to slam brakes so ok fine no harm done. But the thing to take away from this is to most of us it seemed you unnecessarily put innocent lives at risk. Sure maybe the tailgater had it coming but think of the person he would've slammed into, that guy might die and that effects lots of family and friends. THIS is why its viewed as a prick move

Had the guy hit that car, or killed anyone it would have been HIS fault, not mine.

My actions don't change the fact that he was following to closely and in a court of law he would have been held responsible,

I'm responsible for my own actions, not his, and the bottom line here is that I was moving out of the way of a turning vehicle.

Or out of the way of a tailgater, either one of those scenerios does not put the blame on me for an accident that he may have gotten into.

:wtf: 23yrs on the road' date=' two accidents, only one of which was my fault. I think two speeding tickets in that time.

It's part of what I do for a living, I'm very intune with my environment when driving. I was paying attention.[/quote']

23 years? You're OLD!!! :lol:

You're contradicting yourself. You're saying you were paying attention, but don't know where the guy came from. Like I said, I don't watch vehicles coming up behind me as much as I should, unless I'm preparing to change lanes, so it's not a slam on you.

the issue at hand isn't the pass. Hell it isn't even anything I've been talking about, it just brought up things that piss me off with drivers :lol:. Everyone's definition of tailgating is different and what would piss of some wouldn't piss of others

The issue is that anyway you look at it, it was a real prick move. Nothing bad went wrong and he only had to slam brakes so ok fine no harm done. But the thing to take away from this is to most of us it seemed you unnecessarily put innocent lives at risk. Sure maybe the tailgater had it coming but think of the person he would've slammed into, that guy might die and that effects lots of family and friends. Or as said before he could've been pushed into oncoming traffic and caused a real big mess with lots of consequences. THIS is why its viewed as a prick move

My overall take on this is that even though he was doing something wrong by tailgating, it's not your place to take action against it, as it can easily cause a crash.

Had the guy hit that car' date=' or killed anyone it would have been HIS fault, not mine.

My actions don't change the fact that he was following to closely and in a court of law he would have been held responsible,

I'm responsible for my own actions, not his, and the bottom line here is that [b']I was moving out of the way of a turning vehicle.

Or out of the way of a tailgater, either one of those scenerios does not put the blame on me for an accident that he may have gotten into.

I'm not hip on all the laws and shit but you said yourself you deliberately waited until the very last possible moment to move. This was an act done on purpose. I understand you don't want to be wrong, for us Italians thats kind of our thing. I'm not sitting here trying to tell you whether you are right or wrong, I just think that in the future more thought should be given to the consequences of your actions

• Upvote 1

I take a little bit of pleasure in giving some asshole a little taste of karma then I guess that just makes me a dick in the hour-or-less commuters eyes' date=' so be it, I don't really care.[/quote']

karma LOL. thats a funny one. seriously? humans do not dole out karmic retribution. the universe does that.

you are a delivery boy, not the universe's hatchet man.

karma will come back to you for this im sure.

• Upvote 2

I retract my statement about passing on the right. I never knew that was legal' date=' so.. thanks. I learned something today.

Regarding Chev's post about turning left on red... that's for one-way streets. I don't want to read a thread of some douchebag bitching because he was cited for turning left on red on a 4-lane highway.

Lastly.. I still think you put drivers at risk, Dave. It was funny, because nobody got hurt, but someone could have. However, nobody is innocent of stupidity behind the wheel.. especially me.[/quote']

I made sure I quoted the part about it being on one way streets. :D

I'm not hip on all the laws and shit but you said yourself you deliberately waited until the very last possible moment to move. This was an act done on purpose.

:plus1:

So, did you whip it over at the last possible second, as originally stated?

OR

Did you move casually into the right lane as later stated?

Had the guy hit that car' date=' or killed anyone it would have been HIS fault, not mine.

I'm responsible for my own actions, not his, and the bottom line here is that [b']I was moving out of the way of a turning vehicle.

If an accident would have occurred, would you have stopped?

If you chose to stop, would you have written the report the same as you originally posted here?

I think I already know the answer to one or both...You might be a bit surprised how the Courts would have ruled on who was also at fault, if they received the same statement's that was posted by you here.

Don't forget to mention the act which caused your anger, you followed by repeating the very same act to the vehicle in front of you (which is all too common today), at least from what you stated here...The vehicle in front of you was the only one innocent, the only one who would have been the victim, not you!!!

Your right, you have made this debate meaningless, and the fact that nobody was injured, or no actual accident occurred, all of this is nothing more than a bunch of "what ifs"!

Enjoy your day, and drive safe...:)