WTF!!! My House is Gone

Jst2fst

I'd be ripping someone a new one if this was my house. House demoed by mistake.:nono:

Correction: Title should read "WTF!! My House is Gone" don't know if that can be fixed.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110105/ts_yblog_thelookout/pittsburgh-man-latest-to-have-home-accidentally-demolished

Edited by Jst2fst
Title edit

Enjoy your new pile of money.

I'd be willing to bet that all the city will do is give him whatever the foreclosed value on the house was plus any expenses where he was rehabbing it.

I wouldn't call it a pile of money given the neighborhood it was in.

I'd be willing to bet that all the city will do is give him whatever the foreclosed value on the house was plus any expenses where he was rehabbing it.

I wouldn't call it a pile of money given the neighborhood it was in.

Until the civil lawsuit against the company that did the demolition, and then punitive damages come into play.

Until the civil lawsuit against the company that did the demolition, and then punitive damages come into play.

He'll get paid not doubt. But seriously how do you mess up something like this oh which how was it again.

My girlfriend had came home from work one day to find the roof had been ripped off their house. Soon after she got home a guy from the roofing company showed up and said they had torn off the wrong roof. the mistake happened because his employees had not used their company supplied gps units. They got a free roof out of the deal which was nice because they were about to buy a new one anyways. Not quiet as extreme as your house being torn down but they were happy about it

My girlfriend had came home from work one day to find the roof had been ripped off their house. Soon after she got home a guy from the roofing company showed up and said they had torn off the wrong roof. the mistake happened because his employees had not used their company supplied gps units. They got a free roof out of the deal which was nice because they were about to buy a new one anyways. Not quiet as extreme as your house being torn down but they were happy about it

And that's a suitable compensation, since they can make the victim whole in a reasonable amount of time. You can't easily make someone whole if you completely level their house and the work they've done to it.

I know its crazy that stuff like that happens on any level. I say they throw him a fully furnished appartment till they replace his house just as they do victims of house fires. The company that tore it down or made the mistake should have some decent insurance if they are doin work of that nature

I know its crazy that stuff like that happens on any level. I say they throw him a fully furnished appartment till they replace his house just as they do victims of house fires. The company that tore it down or made the mistake should have some decent insurance if they are doin work of that nature

He already has an apartment, he was going to move into the house in 3 weeks, hence the remodeling. Reading comprehension's not your strong suit, eh?

Edited by Cheech
3 weeks. I fail.

I get that he has an appartment that he will be moving out of in three weeks. That does not mean the one he is in for the next three weeks has everything he needs for the amount of time he will now be staying in it. If I was moving in three weeks I would have already had a few of my things at the new house