Car audio tech/installer???

DoughnuT

Anyone have an in-dash dvd player in a Ford ranger? I just got one, and put it in my 97 ranger.

Anyone have suggestions on how to mount this damn thing? If I can't get it to sit better in the dash, I think I am going to sell the HU, and put the factory back in.

I bought everything I needed to put it in, (dash kit, harness) wired it all up, put it in. The problem is, it sits to far back in the dash, to use the screen like it needs to be used. Kinda hard to have a dvd player screen point down and use it.

Any ideas?

As far as I know, there isn't a specific dash kit for the application.

Double din is out of the question, because they don't have a detachable face most of the time. The ones that do, usually aren't worth getting from what I can gather.

Really starting to aggravate me. I am very picky when it comes to this stuff. If there are any other suggestions, I am open to them. Would really like to keep it, but if I can't get it to fit better, I am going to get rid of it.

I will see if I can get a picture of it over the weekend. It just sits to far back, to function properly.

I do have the dash kit for my model truck, that was stated in the begging. I have not been able to find one, that would actually bring the HU farther out of the dash either.

I don't really know what to do with it, but I will get pictures over the weekend, and see if I can't get them on here to make it more understandable.

Not all dash kits are equal, you get what you pay for! As a former car audio shop owner(12 years) I used metra kits for most installs cause they fit the best. There is an adapter ring available for that I prolly got 2 or 3 layin round I'll give you one if you come get it.

Both metra and Shcose(sp) kits are the same for my truck. I am considering getting a double din after seeing how they are put in a 97 ranger. Just got to get rid of this unit before I do anything.

Who makes the adapter ring for this problem? Would look into it more, if it will work with my truck.

I just looked at a picture of a dash on a 97 ranger and I wouldn't put a single din in there since the vents stick out too far above and the screen could never open 90 degrees. What head unit are you using? I believe you will need a head unit that extends out further than the one you are using possibly. I have seen units that can be adjusted to come out of the unit further before flipping up.

I have a Boss BV9996B. It is a good unit, but no where in the manual does it talk about adjustments for it. I think I am just going to sell it, and get a double din. May be the best option.

I thought about the vents before I got it, but figured it would come out farther than it does. I don't think any Single Din unit is going to work in my dash. It was worth a shot anyways.

What are you wanting a picture of Beegreenstrings?

Don't think I really need to take a picture of it. Not hard to imagine, the screen doesn't even make it to 90degree before it hits the vents. If it doesn't make sense though, I can try to get a picture of it with my phone, and show you guys. I thought it made sense when I explained it, but it may just be that I know what it is doing, and you aren't familiar with a ranger dash.

I will try to get a picture of it tomorrow, if I can remember.